Try-Before-You-Buy for eCommerce Brands
Senior Full Stack / Backend Software Engineer$90k – $120k • 0.15% – 0.35%
BlackCart is a venture-backed, mission-driven, fast-growing team based in Toronto that enables brands from around the world to drastically improve the way customers shop online. BlackCart’s product is a try-before-you-buy platform that integrates into ecommerce stores, enabling customers to add items to their shopping carts, get them shipped to try at home for free, and automatically pay for only what they keep.
BlackCart was founded on the premise of making the experience of online shopping less painful for customers, while enabling merchants to deliver the same brick & mortar shopping experience to consumers everywhere. Paying for something, finding out you don’t like the look or fit, returning it, and waiting 2 weeks for a refund has been a pain we’ve experienced ourselves, and is a problem that millions of people experience (and consciously try to avoid) every day. This challenge is all the more amplified in the midst of a global pandemic.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll report to our CTO and lead the development of new features for our merchant and customer-facing products. Your work will directly impact thousands of customers (and rapidly growing). As an early member of the team, you will help establish and cultivate a strong engineering culture which is table stakes for the future success of BlackCart.
- Lead technical design discussions and drive technical decisions
- Build foundational infrastructure for efficient client onboarding, analytics, reporting, and 3rd party integrations
- Build, test, and ship end-to-end features to our growing base of customers at a rapid cadence
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Contribute and influence the product roadmap
- Promote and adhere to the workplace values of BlackCart (transparency, treat customers like royalty, keep things simple, pursue growth & learning, work hard)
- You have 5 to 7 years of full stack / backend development experience building scalable, fault-tolerant web services
- You have at least 2 years experience building on top of AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have a DevOps mindset where you will own your application end-to-end and are able to understand and address infrastructure concerns
- You have experience with databases and designing robust APIs
- You are an effective communicator and work collaboratively across teams
Nice to Have
- You have experience with PHP and Laravel
- You have worked with e-commerce (Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento) and payment (Stripe, Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay) platforms
Technologies We Use and Teach
- DigitalOcean, GCP
- PHP, Laravel
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock options
- 500 Startups / venture backed company
- Casual work environment with hyper motivated world class programmers and extremely talented staff
- Ability to lead tech at an early stage for a one of the fastest growing startups with market validation and VC funding
Meet your team
BlackCart at a glance
BlackCart focuses on E-Commerce and Fashion Tech. Their company has offices in Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, BlackCart has raised $2.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.
You can view their website at https://blackcart.com