Welcome to Bitcoin’s most advanced trading platform.The Next Generation of Bitcoin Trading Products
AML Operations Manager
AML Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for 2 key functions:
- Develop and manage the end-to-end process of conducting CDD for institutional and retail clients onboarding or existing on the BitMEX platform. The AML Operations Manager will also be responsible to develop and manage the customer screening process associated with AML and Sanctions requirements.
- Manage a team of operations analyst/associates in developing first level screening and review for exceptions generated from Chainalysis and other market surveillance tools
- Responsible to build an effective customer due diligence and customer screening operations function, hiring staff and implementing procedures and processes.
- Day-to-day management of the CDD operations and customer screening function, including managing daily volumes of client onboarding, ensuring CDD processes meet policy standards, handling escalations and working with Compliance to manage risk.
- Ensuring processes to review new and existing account documentation for completeness and validity, identify any deficiencies against the internal procedures.
- Remediate legacy/existing accounts against updated internal standards for CDD.
- Ensure processes to escalate CDD issues and customer screening matches to compliance as necessary.
- Ensure ongoing processes and controls complete and accurate record keeping of all documentation and relevant communications with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Advise on, and escalate, higher risk relationships and reputation risks arising from CDD and customer screening to Compliance.
- Report to senior management/executives on a periodic basis.
- Partner with functional experts (i.e. Legal, Compliance, Business) to develop procedures, processes and controls.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 years + of managerial experience and leading an operations team.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements relating to CDD/AML.
- Relevant operational experience in AML/CDD and/or client onboarding, from crypto/ banking and/or financial services sector with an understanding of different client types.
- Experience with implementing CDD programs and/or customer screening programs and designing CDD procedures.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Ability to present to senior leadership and articulate strategic direction.
- People and service oriented. A team player.
- Proactive and solutions driven.
- High level of integrity and professionalism, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands.
Best-in-class perks and benefits
Xpand your knowledge with our generous education allowance
BitMEX at a glance
BitMEX focuses on Security, Financial Exchanges, Cyber Security, Bitcoin, and Global. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Victoria, and Bermuda. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, BitMEX has raised $25K of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.