Welcome to Bitcoin’s most advanced trading platform.The Next Generation of Bitcoin Trading Products
Q/KDB+ Senior Risk Management Engineer
As a member of the Risk Management Team you will be responsible for facilitating the risk management, treasury and market making functions to efficiently provide liquidity on the BitMEX trading platform by building tools that allow the wider team to have an accurate view of their cryptocurrency positions, risk exposures and profit and loss.
You will also assist in the creation and optimisation of trading strategies by collecting market data and performing data analysis to backtest their effectiveness.
- Lead the development of the KDB Risk Management platform ensuring systems are scalable and resilient.
- Work with the trading desk and management teams to gather system feature requirements.
- Take ownership of all stages of the SDLC process, including design, implementation, testing and deployment of code changes.
- Ensure the Risk Management platform has sufficient test coverage and data quality checks are in place.
- Assist the technology team by providing on-call L2 support across all components of the Risk Management technology stack.
- Experience working at an Investment banking or finance related field (e.g. Equities, FX, HFT, Electronic Trading, Data Analytics) with knowledge of financial markets, including derivative products.
- Computer science or engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of core Q/KDB+ development experience.
- Have previously used Q testing frameworks such as Qspec or k4unit.
- Familiar with OOP programming languages such as Java or Python.
- Following TDD/BDD methodologies and programming best practices (such as writing clean and modular code).
- Comfortable working with developer tools such as GIT, Jira and Confluence.
- Familiar with managing automated build, test and deployment pipelines (e.g. Jenkins or Team City)
- Strong problem-solving skills and be a confident communicator.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably to tight schedules.
- Familiar with micro service architectures
- Application deployment via Docker/Kubernetes and high availability (HA) applications
- Knowledge of messaging layers such as NATS, Kafka, LBM or Tibco
Best-in-class perks and benefits
Xpand your knowledge with our generous education allowance
BitMEX at a glance
BitMEX focuses on Security, Financial Exchanges, Cyber Security, Bitcoin, and Global. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Victoria, and Bermuda. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, BitMEX has raised $25K of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2015.