Bitesize is a SMS-first sales engagement platform for high velocity sales teams
Senior Backend Engineer$80k – $125k • 0.0% – 1.0%
Bitesize helps drive sales with genuine 1-on-1 conversations on SMS.
We've raised funding from investors like 500 Startups, Hustle Fund, and OTG Ventures, and millions of consumers already rely on Bitesize SMS to interact with brands. We are very small startup that is just starting to scale. It’s a very exciting time to join the team!
As the Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work on all parts of the backend workflow including messaging task queues, SMS and CRM integrations, and build user models spanning 700 demographic segmentations. You will get to wear multiple hats as you work on scaling the messaging system, build architecture, and introduce new features.
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. One of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of hackers and thinkers is small, lean, and empathetic. You'll ship features your first day here!
- Ability to prioritize, build and move fast on short-term goals while managing long-term risks
- Expert knowledge of Python
- - Expert knowledge of Django
- Strong knowledge of MongoDB, Postgres, and Redis
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with 1M+ API calls
- Solid computer science fundamentals (threading, memory management, and speed)
- Passion for inspiring people around you
- Own the backend and associated functionality
- Scale the messaging task queues
- Design a Machine Learning based user model for millions of consumers
- Lead integrations with messaging platforms and CRMs
- Participate in code reviews
- Ship code on a daily basis
- Collaborate with the small, nimble team on front-end engineering
- Experience with automation
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Involvement in the mobile developer community
- Experience working with the AWS stack
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Strong equity plan
- Become the face of an emerging startup
- Opportunity to lead the engineering team
- Unlimited PTO
- Ability to work remote or from our San Francisco office
Bitesize is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.