Bison Trails is the easiest way to run infrastructure on multiple blockchains
Platform Engineer$145k – $200k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Bison Trails is the leading blockchain infrastructure provider, and we are looking for an exceptional Platform Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team in New York City. The ideal candidate is an experienced, motivated, self-starting engineer with a love for building containerized applications in a cloud native development environment.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and building a decentralized future that enables greater participation in global financial networks. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure on multiple blockchains, strengthen the entire ecosystem, and enable the pioneers of tomorrow.
As an Experienced Platform Engineer at Bison Trails, you will…
- Work to support and add features to our platform. This often involves, but is not limited to, writing new API endpoints (usually in Go) and standing up entirely new systems and services across different cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members; we have a highly focused and collaborative team. Our team prioritizes creating a shared understanding of our systems, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
- Build services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure
- Add monitoring, alerting, and observability to support platform growth allowing us to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability and uptime
- Write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline
You will need…
- 3-5 years of infrastructure or back-end engineering experience under your belt
- The motivation to self-start, and a proven track record of shipping quality product
- The ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- An analytical mindset; you should feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision making
- Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust
- Experience designing and implementing APIs and microservices.
- Experience in creating, running, and maintaining containerized applications.
- Familiarity with Go and the Kubernetes ecosystem (though you don’t need to be an expert)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to build something meaningful in a groundbreaking, entrepreneurial environment
- Note: While a degree in CS is nice, you don't need one--or any other kind of degree--to work here. Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines, and we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
We are headquartered in Tribeca, NYC. We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from industry leaders and company leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
- Fun, diverse and open-minded colleagues
As a company, we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Empathy informs how we work together as a team, how we service our customers, and how we approach the products we build. We believe empathy extends beyond our company to how we interface with the world. It’s a value to uphold in all areas of life and is deeply connected to the future world we envision.
Bison Trails Co. at a glance
Bison Trails Co. focuses on Infrastructure, Internet Technology, Cryptocurrency, and Blockchains. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bison Trails Co. has raised $30.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2019.