Experienced hackers use the latest techniques to simulate real-world attacks on a business
Bishop Fox is the largest private professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations – helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories — we’re right there, advising every bit of the way. Our work ensures that cities can keep their transit systems running, farmers can harvest their crops, private medical information stays private, and smart home devices aren’t eavesdropping on families.
We’re now hiring a full-time Payroll and Commissions Administrator to handle all aspects of payroll (foreign and domestic).
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
At Bishop Fox, you will support our accounting department — the glue that holds our firm together. And you will be everyone’s favorite person- the person who makes sure they get paid! As our payroll subject matter expert you will own domestic and international payroll as well as commissions. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help with other challenging and engaging general accounting projects and initiatives.
A passion for your work is a necessity at Bishop Fox. We're looking for a Payroll Administrator who will roll up their sleeves on Day One and do whatever is needed to ensure the accounting department and our payroll process become stronger and more streamlined. Whatever that is working odd or long hours, or embracing unconventional ways of thinking, you will see to it that someone gets paid.
We want someone who is willing to grow with us and eager to see where tomorrow leads. You have a cool head and excel at providing customer service – even when you have to drop bad news, you do so with a smile. You are someone who has the drive and discipline to work from home with little supervision. Once we return to the office, you will have the flexibility to work from home a few days a week.
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Handle full-cycle payroll processing for all staff on a semi-monthly basis
- Process payments for taxable and non-taxable employee reimbursements and commissions
- Download timecards and calculate hours and related overtime
- Process payments for annual, quarterly, spot, referral, recruiting and anniversary bonuses
- Provide guidance regarding bonus taxation laws to appropriately report and tax all employee gifts/bonuses
- Partner with HR to reconcile benefit deductions for payroll processing
- Process final paycheck, payout and severance for terminated employees
- Review international agency payroll reports and coordinate payment
- Process foreign independent contractor payments
- Process 401k, HSA, and DCRA contributions
- Calculate commissions for a sales team of 8 and growing, developing multiple plans and tiers across two service lines and multiple product types
- Communicate monthly commission amounts to sales (leader and individual) and address any questions
- Assist with monthly close as necessary
- Undertake various day-to-day general accounting tasks or projects as assigned by leadership
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, travel opportunities, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a-kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
Your Education and Experience
The following is a list of skills and traits that describe you. If you have most of these, we’d like to speak to you:
- 5+ years of experience processing payroll, preference given to international payroll experience
- ADP Workforce Now expert preferred
- Expert in employee and tax law
- Experience interacting with state tax agencies
- Multi-state payroll processing a must
- Familiar with city or local tax jurisdictions
- Experience with complex commission plans preferred
- GAAP accounting experience a plus
- FinancialForce experience a bonus
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Uncanny attention to detail and impeccable organization skills
- A self-starting mentality
- Flexibility to embrace sudden changes
- Reliability and integrity
- A respect for confidentiality
- A willingness to learn and take direction
- Patience – you know how to act in sticky situations
- The ability to anticipate problems before they materialize into realities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preference will be given to candidates who can work from our Tempe HQ; temporarily closed due to COVID-19. We are open, however, to outstanding candidates who need to work fully remote.
Interested? Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran status
Full medical, dental and vision
Maternity and paternity leave
All you, all the time
Work from anywhere Annual training budgets
Paid vacations and holidays
Pure freebie gluttony
Fully stocked kitchen So much swag…like, SO much
Phone plan Commuter benefits program
Bishop Fox at a glance
Bishop Fox focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Services, Consulting, Professional Services, and Network Security. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Barcelona, and Tempe. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bishop Fox has raised $25M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2019.