"Data from Life. Data for Life.”
Director of Bioengineering$150k – $175k • 2.5% – 5.0%
Please apply via the following link only:
We are seeking someone who is…
Great at thriving in an intense environment. Successful in anticipating unprecedented challenges. Focused on the vision. Driven to succeed. Motivated by long-term rewards.
As an early team member, you will be able to reimagine aspects of healthcare as a science and business, work across the computer, data, and life sciences stack and spectrum of diseases, innovate in uncharted territory, be competitively compensated, and work on a meaningful project designed to enhance human quality of life and longevity. This role will experience virtually all aspects of start-up growth, and help develop BioEngine4D to digitally detect developing diseases from insights hidden in vast amounts of Health data + LifeData.
• Degree(s) in a Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• 7+ years experience in a bioengineering position, preferably working as a Senior Bioengineer
• Solid experience with Data Architectures and Data Analytics (ML and AI)
• Solid knowledge of Physiology, Medicine, or Non-Molecular Biology
• Full-stack development experience
• Experience with ML techniques/libraries/algorithms (k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Random Forests, cuDNN, MATLAB, PyTorch, etc.)
• Experience with data science toolkits (R, MATLAB, NumPy, etc.) and data visualization tools
• Experience using query languages (SQL, Hive, Pipeline, etc.)
• Proficiency in scripting and programming languages (Python, Java, etc.)
• Solid references
• Build and lead a team of scientists and engineers, while motivating and monitoring them to ensure deadlines and milestones are met successfully
• Build a robust, elegant applications that users will love
• Maintain excellent software quality and development practices
• Develop and deploy maintainable, efficient, and scalable software that will power our internal and external systems
• You are someone who loves the notion of asymmetric reward for risk, but are proactive, flexible, and understand that an early stage start-up role does not begin with typical large corporate infrastructure.
• You are comfortable with being part of a growing company, which ultimately will involve handing off responsibilities as that growth occurs.
• You comprise a mix of strong analytical capabilities, sharp business acumen, and a “get stuff done” mentality.
• You have the entrepreneurial ability to own initiatives from ideation to completion, and are detail-oriented, dependable, proactive, and independent.
• You thrive on turning ambiguity and chaos into a coherent and cohesive plan.
• You are a team member who is excited about improving healthcare.
• You are curious, tenacious, and want to work hard with our team on difficult, important challenges.
• You are great at problem solving and have loads of hustle and prior operational experience.
• You are excited about playing a pivotal role in helping to shape and build the company.
Please only apply via the following link
(applications not submitted via the TypeForm link may not be viewed):
Thank you for your interest!
PS. If this opportunity is not the right time for you, but it is for a rockstar that you know, please feel free to refer them. If they add your name to the TypeForm link (biotrillion.typeform.com/to/wSvoKI) as the referral source and we hire them, BioTrillion would be happy to reward you with $5,000.
BioTrillion at a glance
BioTrillion focuses on Biotechnology, Health Care Information Technology, Big Data, Deep Information Technology, and Digital Health. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, BioTrillion has raised $1.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2019 at a valuation of $25M.