We ignite growth revolutions
Product Manager - Freelance
The world is changing faster than ever before, and the pace of disruption continues to accelerate. To keep up—and grow—businesses must build for where the world is going, not for where it’s been.
Bionic is a collective of radical outsiders who have built and scaled companies across sectors and around the world. We’re entrepreneurs, investors, futurists, and makers focused on igniting and building growth within large companies.
Enterprises are skilled at making big businesses even bigger. Entrepreneurs and early-stage investors, on the other hand, are skilled at discovering new opportunities and turning them into big businesses. We’ve combined the best of both worlds, introducing enterprises to the methodology, tools, and systems of entrepreneurship and venture capital. We call this the Growth Operating System.
We believe that growth revolutions start with unlocking the creativity and potential of people. With a clear sense of purpose and the right tools, the people that power the world’s greatest companies are able to discover and build the future at scale.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a product manager to work with strategists, designers and technologists in a creative environment to develop new product ideas and bring them to market. Our work requires us to balance user needs with business objectives: the right products for our clients are the ones that meet both.
As a product manager in our client-service environment, your role is to identify innovative new product opportunities and work with clients to optimize existing ones, all in response to user, cultural and business insight. You need to be a confident and capable communicator, equally at home in long-form text or presenting a vivid visual description of a product or service idea.
- Build the product roadmap in collaboration with various stakeholders such as partners, Bionic, and external vendors
- Manage and execute the product roadmap in collaboration with external vendor
- Translate user insights work from Bionic experimentation into the product and help create viable deployment options within the live product
- Determine specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction
- Work with team to prioritize which options to go after and help align external vendor on build out
- Identify and consolidate reporting of live product analytics, produce weekly reports that will help with running sprints
- Help translate main components of the products that should be commercialized with the partner. Translate existing v1 or v2 into a higher fidelity project based on what we learn
- Recommend different ways to test certain features within the product. When to best use wireframes, banners and how to test within the live product environment
- Strong background (5+ years) in conducting primary qualitative and quantitative customer research in a corporate research, consulting, agency, ethnographic, or relevant environment or capacity.
- Experience with Lean experimentation, Design Thinking, Agile, user-centered design, rapid prototyping, or similar techniques.
- Proven experience in product modelling, MVP definition, product analytics and KPI definition
Proven experience leading customer research including:
- Implementing customer surveys, digital experiments, and usability test programs
- Participating in iterative prototype development and testing programs
- Project managing programs and coordinating stakeholders and participants
Start-up experience and attitude paired with the polish to work with corporate executives.
Ability to understand dynamics, stakeholders, and customer across multiple industries and roles.
Understanding of how research drives the innovation process, finding creative ways to gather insight and inspire confidence in ambiguous situations.
Commitment to constant learning and development as a researcher
Design / UX experience and the ability to mockup wireframes and solutions a bonus
- Startup environment with the potential to make a massive impact on our product offerings, as well as future offerings at some of the world’s greatest brands
- A culture of honesty, bold thinking, and risk-taking with incredible teammates
- Energizing office space with gadgets and toys, office snacks, catered meals, cold brew/kombucha on tap
- Abundant recognition and rewards for good work
Bionic is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Please feel free to inform us of your preferred pronouns so that we can address you accordingly.
Free one medical membership
Generous healthcare coverage (aetna)
Paid maternity & paternity leave
3 weeks of vacation
Annual professional development stipend
Annual company boondoggle
Monthly company-wide "recess"
2 weeks of Anytime from Anywhere (working remotely)
Bionic at a glance
Bionic focuses on Information Services and Management Consulting. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://bionicsolution.com/