We ignite growth revolutions
Entrepreneur in Residence - Freelance or Full-Time
The world is changing faster than ever before, and the pace of disruption continues to accelerate. To keep up—and grow—businesses must build for where the world is going, not for where it’s been.
Bionic is a collective of radical outsiders who have built and scaled companies across sectors and around the world. We’re entrepreneurs, investors, futurists, and makers focused on igniting and building growth within large companies.
Enterprises are skilled at making big businesses even bigger. Entrepreneurs and early-stage investors, on the other hand, are skilled at discovering new opportunities and turning them into big businesses. We’ve combined the best of both worlds, introducing enterprises to the methodology, tools, and systems of entrepreneurship and venture capital. We call this the Growth Operating System.
We believe that growth revolutions start with unlocking the creativity and potential of people. With a clear sense of purpose and the right tools, the people that power the world’s greatest companies are able to discover and build the future at scale.
About the role:
The Bionic Entrepreneur in Residence is a trusted advisor and thought partner, whose experience and gut instincts lead our enterprise clients through all stages of the innovation process.
Through 1-on-1 coaching, group facilitation, and teaching the Bionic Methodology, you will help our client partners uncover new areas for growth and innovation. Once these ideas are discovered, you will support the ideation of new products, technologies, and business models for those areas. You will advise teams of Co-Founders to test and validate new business ideas using lean startup methodologies.
The Bionic Entrepreneur in Residence is forward-thinking, curious, energizing, and able to inspire big thinking and imagination in anyone they meet, including our clients. The right person has gritty startup experience, as well as the deep industry knowledge to collaboratively disrupt the largest companies in the world.
In this position, you will:
- Successfully educate and guide client teams through all phases of the innovation journey.
- Provide client teams with clear instruction on the methodologies, lenses, platforms and procedures for unearthing human insights and developing prototypes
- Design and conduct Product/Market fit testing, and drive best-practices on researching, prototyping, and experimenting.
- Manage complex projects and clients with ease and stay poised under pressure.
- Champion the innovation process and model entrepreneurial behaviors to client teams
- Act with a burning desire to execute rapidly, along with a healthy skepticism for process.
You must have:
- 15+ years of experience as a startup founder or product manager in high-growth early stage startups
- A track record of end-to-end project execution, preferably culminating in one or more successful products.
- Passion for collaboration and mobilizing teams toward ambitious goals, and the desire to organize team operations and processes.
- Success leading teams through consumer experiments, including customer discovery/insights, in-market testing, and product/market fit.
- The ability to break down complex problems into hypotheses, develop clear plans for validation, and tie results to insights and concept refinement.
- Very strong client facing verbal and written communication, team leadership and project management skills.
- Deep knowledge and experience with lean startup methodology and agile research required.
- Startup environment with the potential to make a massive impact on our product offerings, as well as future offerings at some of the world’s greatest brands
- A culture of honesty, bold thinking, and risk-taking with incredible teammates
- Energizing office space with gadgets and toys, office snacks, catered meals, cold brew/kombucha on tap
- Abundant recognition and rewards for good work
Bionic is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Free one medical membership
Generous healthcare coverage (aetna)
Paid maternity & paternity leave
3 weeks of vacation
Annual professional development stipend
Annual company boondoggle
Monthly company-wide "recess"
2 weeks of Anytime from Anywhere (working remotely)
Bionic at a glance
Bionic focuses on Information Services and Management Consulting. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at http://bionicsolution.com/