Powering the world's understanding of the human body
Who we are
BioDigital has built the first cloud platform for visualizing the human body in interactive 3D. Similar to Google Earth, but for the human body, our cutting edge technology is used on a global scale by patients and professionals who need a more engaging, visual format for learning about health and medicine. Our unique team is leveraging this work to achieve our mission of improving global health literacy and we are seeking a talented software engineer to help execute on our ambitious goals.
Who you are
You are a Front-End Engineer with a solid working knowledge of client side coding and design. You’ll be joining a small team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges of rendering 3D models beautifully and efficiently on the web, mobile and AR devices. Your work will impact both the front-end and back-end architecture, and ultimately, help people better understand their health.
What you'll be doing
- Build out full feature sets for the BioDigital platform using the Angular framework
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility and proper e2e testing
- Participate in design meetings, functionality planning, and component architecture discussions
- Participate in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Maintain application data structures and keep them compliant with what the BioDigital 3D engine expects
- Stay up to date with the latest engineering and design best practices and share them with the rest of the team
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in single-page applications and frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, or other)
- Experience with and understanding of and REST based architectures
- Experience with UI Design and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures and optimization techniques
Equal Opportunity Workplace
BioDigital is committed to equal employment opportunity and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All hiring decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, parental status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
BioDigital at a glance
BioDigital focuses on Biotechnology, SaaS, Healthcare, Visualization, and Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, BioDigital has raised $4M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013.