Powering the world's understanding of the human body
Director of Marketing
Who we are
We believe everyone should have a deep and accurate understanding of their body so they can lead healthier lives. Our 3D interactive visualization platform allows every patient, student, and professional to see inside the body, making learning about health simple and engaging. Often referred to as “Google Maps for the Human Body,” the BioDigital Human platform is a virtual map of our body—comprised of over 8,000 individually selectable anatomical structures, 600 pathology models, and a toolkit to map and visualize data.Our unique team of artists, engineers, doctors and entrepreneurs is leveraging this platform to achieve our mission of powering every health conversation in the world, and we’re seeking a talented Director of Marketing to help execute on our ambitious goals.
Who you are
You are an experienced, multi-faceted marketer looking for an opportunity to apply your experience and grit to build the marketing function from the ground up at a growing startup. As BioDigital’s first Marketing lead, you will be responsible for building awareness, telling our story to the right people at the right time, and driving more prospects to the top of our sales funnel. You are creative, analytical, skilled at gleaning insights from varied data sources, and savvy about making timely recommendations and seeing initiatives through from ideation to launch to revise and repeat. You are customer centric and intuitive about customer needs and tailoring messaging that speaks to those needs. You have a connection to the meaningful work we do in helping people better understand their health.
- Execute against a broad strategy to bring more prospects to the top of the funnel by increasing awareness and interest broadly and deeply within our target markets
- Investigate and test new channels to communicate with our existing customers, including press releases, case studies, marketing videos, blog posts, webinars, etc.
- Run top-of-funnel marketing campaigns end-to-end: design experiments, develop campaign strategy, and drive execution of the campaign through to completion, coordinating and managing internal and external resources as needed
- Measure the impact of each campaign; report on insights, make recommendations and iterate on future campaigns; develop ways to scale
- Identify strategic partnerships with high ROI on prioritized channels
- Plan the composition of our ideal marketing team; recruit for, hire and manage that team when the time is right
- 6+ years of marketing experience
- A love of brand and product positioning; you’re a brand ambassador and guardian, able to deftly define key pillars and to coach others to properly apply
- A love of data and the ability to analyze a marketing funnel and the ROI of marketing initiatives
- Working knowledge of industry leading marketing tools and instrumentation
- Prior experience establishing partnerships with Fortune 1000 brands
- Track record of successful cross-functional collaboration with sales, product and creative
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in scrappy, entrepreneurial environments
- A history of building successful marketing programs from the ground up
- Track record of hiring and managing a successful marketing team
BioDigital at a glance
BioDigital focuses on Biotechnology, SaaS, Healthcare, Visualization, and Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, BioDigital has raised $4M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013.