Powering the world's understanding of the human body
3D Graphics Engineer
Who we are
BioDigital has built the first cloud platform for visualizing the human body in interactive 3D. Similar to Google Earth, but for the human body, our cutting edge technology is used on a global scale by patients and professionals who need a more engaging, visual format for learning about health and medicine. Our unique team is leveraging this work to achieve our mission of improving global health literacy and we are seeking a talented software engineer to help execute on our ambitious goals.
Who you are
You are a 3D Graphics Engineer with the skills and passion needed to help build our flagship product, a cutting-edge 3D visualization platform, the BioDigital Human. You have extensive experience designing, developing and testing web-based 3D visualization applications, are looking to join a small team working at the forefront of new technology and are excited about working on a product that is having a meaningful impact on the health of millions of people.
- Write production-quality code geared towards performance and scalability
- Work with senior staff to optimize our core rendering engine for deployment across web and mobile platforms
- Develop and apply 3D rendering algorithms to the visualization of anatomy data
- System test point releases as needed
- Help develop applications for health and medical customers
- Assist with improvements to native iOS and Android apps (if interested in mobile development)
- Passion for working at the intersection of technology and health and a desire to build a cutting-edge health visualization platform
- Highly motivated, curious, able to work both independently and with a team; hungry to succeed
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience with WebGL, OpenSceneGraph, OpenGL ES
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering; an emphasis on graphics a plus
- Experience programming for VR and/or AR environments a plus
Equal Opportunity Workplace
BioDigital is committed to equal employment opportunity and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All hiring decisions are based on business need, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, parental status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
BioDigital at a glance
BioDigital focuses on Biotechnology, SaaS, Healthcare, Visualization, and Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and New York. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, BioDigital has raised $4M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2013.