Bringing biology into the digital age
Senior Full Stack Engineer$100k – $140k
BioBright is looking for a full stack engnieer with at least four years of experience. We’re also looking for a warm, thoughtful individual who is a good team player at work. If you think both sets of qualities exist in you, please read on!
You will have the opportunity to work on new technology used by scientific researchers and clinicians to speed up and enhance their work. This includes data collectors, analytics tools, voice assistants, and more. You will contribute to both experimental projects and production code as we expand our set of tools and dashboards.
You will help define the architecture of our applications and translate client needs into visual designs, applying your software engineering skills to our entire stack.
This is a permanent, full-time position at our office in Boston, Massachusetts. We are not accepting applications for 100% remote work at this time. We hope to fill this role before May 2020.
- 3 years of experience working with an Object Oriented language
- A firm background on CS topics and OO design.
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- A good understanding of databases
- Worked in one of the agile methodologies (scurm, kanban, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Past coding projects that demonstrate an understanding of high level web application design
- Previous life science research experience
- Previous exposure to the clinical practice environment
- Experience working on an Agile team
Even if you have none of the nice-to-have items, please apply!
We don’t do coding assignments as part of our hiring process, but here are some things that you’d be working on:
- Fetching data from an API and displaying the data through components
- Creating data representations and relationships between data in our front-end applications (bonus points if you’ve worked with Ember.js!)
- Mapping out the user experience of a web app and implementing the design
- Communicating with your teammates about what the frontend needs from other parts of our stack
If you can walk us through how you would approach any of these tasks, please apply!
- Please apply via AngelList!
- Let us know why you’re interested and when you’d be available
- Show us what you’ve worked on by sharing a link to your Github profile and/or your portfolio
BioBright values diversity. We come from a range of backgrounds and experiences and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you seem like a good fit, we’ll get in contact with you to schedule an initial phone interview.