Secure communications made easy
Public Relations Specialist$36k – $60k • 0.5% – 4.0%
You will work in the guts of a startup and get invaluable experience in all aspects of building and growing a startup.
- Please apply only if you have worked at a PR Agency for at least two years and can present examples of successful tech related campaigns in your resume and at the interview.
- This is a 100% remote position until COVID is resolved. All interviews and discussions are conducted remotely. We are open to hiring qualified candidates anywhere within the United States.
- We are open to both part-time and full-time candidates.
- We offer a reasonable slary, heavy commission, and meaningful equity. If you are looking for a high salary alone, we will not be a good fit. If you are looking to do groundbreaking work, that will make a major impact, and yield a potentially massive reward upon success, then read on.
You do not believe in the status quo, have mastered the art of modern public relations techniques. You live, eat, and breathe messaging and communications. This is a very challenging role with high rewards. You are expected to start delivering right away. Please apply only if you have at least 2+years of experience working in a PR firm and have successfully executed tech product campaigns.
- Reach out to tech reporters and influencers to spread the word, obtain earned media, and generate traffic.
- Create publicity campaigns and promote our brand in the most cost-effective ways.
- Get us listed in top positions in product reviews, comparison, and other product listing sites.
- Manage our social networks.
- Must be highly proficient in copywriting. Create compelling press releases, emails, web copy, blog, and social media posts, etc. regularly, while maintaining consistency across every piece of collateral.
- Create brochures, help documents, datasheets, infographics, video tutorials. If you cannot do some of these yourself then you should be very proficient at outsourcing.
- Continuously run A/B experiments and optimize our messaging. Monitor KPI’s across relevant areas and ensures that goals are met.
- Design and execute email, social media, SEO, SEM, and PPC campaigns. You must be very adept at all of these.
- Interact with customers to understand experience and pain points.
- Deliver online presentations to media, customers, and prospects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in public relations, communications, or similar relevant field required.
- Proven experience (2+ years) as a Public Relations Specialist or similar position.
- Knowledge of essential PR tasks: pitching media, drafting press releases, and researching media contacts.
- Motivated self-starter, positive, high-energy, driven individual with a proven ability to move projects forward efficiently and effectively with minimal direction.
- Ability to understand and translate technical products and features into clear and compelling messaging that resonates with sales teams, channel partners, and customers.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Must understand customer development and lean startup principles.
- Must be familiar with WordPress and its plugin ecosystem.
- Able to identify opportunities for improvement and act on them.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship.
Binfer is an early-stage high-tech startup that has developed a direct device to device, secure communication platform. Binfer’s innovative platform allows messaging, collaboration, file sharing, synchronization, and more without storing user’s data on any cloud/external servers.
Never have concerns about the privacy and security of our data been so great. Until now, choices were extremely limited. People were forced to upload their data onto third-party systems to share them. Binfer is changing that, by providing a secure, easy, and reliable way to communicate, without ever having to give up control of the data.
Come join us and help us pioneer the next generation of secure communications. We offer a competitive salary, equity, profit sharing, PTO, startup culture, and more.
Binfer at a glance
Binfer focuses on Consumers, B2B, File Sharing, Data Transfer, and Communications Software. Their company has offices in Chicago. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.binfer.com