Secure communications made easy
Java Developer$40k – $60k • 0.2% – 4.0%
You will work in the guts of a startup and get invaluable experience not only in software development but all aspects of building and growing a startup.
- Please apply only if you have done actual Java programming and can present examples of the projects in your resume and at the interview.
- As a pre-qualification, you are required to complete a challenging generic project within a time limit to test your abilities. Please ensure that you have time and are able to do this before applying.
- This is a 100% remote position until COVID is resolved. All interviews and discussions are conducted remotely. We are open to hiring qualified candidates anywhere within the United States.
- We are open to both part-time and full-time candidates.
- We are bootstrapped. So, instead of a high salary, we offer heavy commission, and equity. If you are looking for a high salary alone we won't be a good fit. If you are looking to do groundbreaking meaningful work, that will make a major impact, and yield a potentially massive reward upon success, then read on.
You are an excellent Java coder, self-motivated, and have the drive to work in a startup culture. You will help transform the vision into code. You will:
- Design, develop and maintain our mobile, desktop, and server products.
- Create and execute testing procedures.
- Create and maintain technical documents.
- Research technologies and methodologies that will increase our competitive advantages.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science.
- At least 2 years of actual coding experience in Java SE, EE, and its ecosystem.
- Experience with JavaFX & Android a big plus.
- Experience with Vaadin a big plus.
- Proficient in understanding and integrating third-party libraries.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, H2, Jackrabbit, and Mongo DB.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of cloud architectures and platforms like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Knowledge with Unix and Windows server environments.
- Knowledge of version control builds management and development life cycle.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. We accept CPT/OPT.
Binfer is an early-stage high-tech startup that has developed a direct device to device, secure communication platform. Binfer’s innovative platform allows messaging, collaboration, file sharing, synchronization, and more without storing user’s data on any cloud/external servers.
Never have concerns about the privacy and security of our data been so great. Until now, choices were extremely limited. People were forced to upload their data onto third-party systems to share them. Binfer is changing that, by providing a secure, easy, and reliable way to communicate, without ever having to give up control of the data.
Come join us and help us pioneer the next generation of secure communications. We offer a competitive salary, equity, profit sharing, PTO, startup culture, and more.
Binfer at a glance
Binfer focuses on Consumers, B2B, File Sharing, Data Transfer, and Communications Software. Their company has offices in Chicago. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.binfer.com