BindHQ: A Modern ERP for Specialty Insurance
Data Migration engineer$75k – $90k • No equity
As a Data Migration Engineer at BindHQ, you will use your experience with various databases , scripting languages and data frameworks to build repeatable processes that customers bring data into a modern insurance management system; including sales, contact, customer , and financial information . You will work on an independent team that is empowered to build, test, deploy and monitor applications and services on Amazon Web Services and you will contribute to the evolution of that platform.
Programming languages & Frameworks
- Clojure(script) / Fulcro
- PHP 7 /Symfony
- Small amounts of Java
You will be primarily responsible for migrating new clients legacy data from their previous platform to BindHQ and will work closely with the Customer Success team to deliver a positive onboarding experience for all new users. You will be tasked with managing the entire migration process from beginning to end, including defining strategies, developing repeatable and scalable solutions, and delivering world-class support.
- Work with data owners to understand legacy data, gather data requirements, and interpret and design solutions to meet those requirements
- Produce detailed data mapping documents
- Develop and implement tools, scripts, queries or applications for accessing, analyzing, converting and migrating data between databases or from csv files to databases
- Reverse engineer data models from other vendors
- Troubleshoot data quality issues and write scripts to cleanse data
- Maintain the security, data integrity, and availability of data in production environments
- Partner with the Customer Success team to proactively manage client expectations, communicate timelines, and solve customer database issues
- Serve as the technical point of contact during the migration
- Required qualifications for this position include:
- Proficient in SQL, Linux, SQL Server and Python (or similar scripting language)
- Have knowledge of ETL concepts
- High attention to detail
- Able to take take on tasks with little direction, and produce high-value deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Can drive a project from inception to completion
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Have a customer-centric attitude Big plus, if you have...
- A Bachelors in Computer Science or similar field
- 2+ years of related experience
- Previous experience performing data migrations
- Previous SaaS experience
Your job in a tweet:
Collaborate, analyze, map and load.
BindHQ is a modern ERP for specialty insurance. BindHQ helps insurance companies track sales, automate underwriting and manage their relationships via an intuitive web based interface and API. Empowering insurers and insurance distributors to scale remotely, launch new products and manage their business in real-time.
We are a remote first team with teams in Austin, Los Angeles the UK and Europe. We expect all employees to have a degree of urgency, resourcefulness, and inventiveness. We consider these essential elements that push organizations forward.
We are looking for team members to help us build an organization that is highly scalable but still immensely entrepreneurial.
BindHQ at a glance
BindHQ focuses on SaaS, Sales and Marketing, Small and Medium Businesses, Insurance, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, Austin, and Cardiff. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.