Helping millions back to good mental health
Software Engineer in Test
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
We currently offer innovative programs that helps folks struggling with sleep issues, worry and anxiety. It’s backed by unassailable clinical evidence. As Software Engineer in Test, you will report to the Software Quality Assurance Manager, and will work to help guide and develop the Quality Assurance function.
You will play a critical role in the development of our QA strategy, designing processes, test strategies and software testing tools to ensure we release Quality software to achieve our mission of helping millions back to good mental health.
As Software Engineer in Test at Big Health, you will:
- Drive the definition of test strategies for new and existing code
- Review changes to code being implemented to ensure that they meet the team’s quality requirements
- Help define Quality Assurance processes to ensure the appropriate level of testing is being implemented for new and existing code
- Help develop tooling and testing frameworks to facilitate testing on the Engineering team
- Develop automated tests for new and existing code
- Execute exploratory testing for new and existing code
- Document and track defects, and various quality metrics
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing Test Plans for frontend and backend Production systems
- Familiarity with various testing methodologies, such as Test-Driven Development and/or Behavior-Driven Development
- Experience with Python and/or similar programming languages
- Experience with test automation tools, such as Selenium WebDriver, Appium or other
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, CircleCI, or other
- Passion for problem solving and finding creative solutions
- Strong collaboration skills working on teams of various sizes
- Clear and concise communication skills
Life at Big Health:
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to input
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves
- Fund for spending on personal happiness
- Regular team and company events
- Generous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.
For US employees, full medical and partial vision and dental coverage for employees and partial coverage for dependents. Plus a concierge mental health service
US employees receive a 401(k) plan + company matching. UK employees receive a matching pension scheme
Remote work capabilities and flexible working hours
Paid time off
20 days of vacation, additional sick leave, 8 public holidays, and the week off between Christmas and New Years
Weekly lunches, stocked fridge and kitchen space
Each employee is alloted 5 days and $1,000 for professional development.
Money to spend on yourself or colleagues, weekly team happy hours, regular company off-sites, and quarterly company wide happiness survey
Big Health at a glance
Big Health focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Fitness, Corporate Wellness, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in San Francisco and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Big Health has raised $15.815M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2016.