Eat what you love™
Director of Marketing, Canada
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
This a full-time position, based in Toronto, that is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans aimed at asserting Beyond Meat as the plant-based leader in Canada. We’re looking for a candidate who understands the Canadian market place, its nationalistic spirit, and the growing plant-based trend. This role requires strategic thinking, analytics, creativity, strong attention to detail, resourcefulness, and a very collaborative approach to working with HQ and in-country counterparts. The position will report to our VP of International Marketing, based at Beyond Meat’s HQ in Los Angeles.
- Build brand awareness and trial-driving buzz for Beyond Meat’s products in Canada, largely through a focus on earned media, social and digital media, influencer engagement and sampling.
- Oversee development of Beyond Meat’s localized social and digital presence in Canada.
- Oversee development of packaging for Canadian retail customers, working with Beyond HQ design team.
- Work with Canada Sales Manager to prioritize marketing efforts by region. In addition, lead the effort to gather category, competitive, and consumer insights and make recommendations for business-building strategies and tactics tailored to the opportunities and challenges at hand.
- Support Canada sales team with sell-in of existing and new products to retailers with insights, analytics, and development of marketing decks and other materials.
- Lead new-item pipeline development and launch plans that achieve rapid consumer adoption and ongoing velocity growth at both Retail and Food Service.
- Translate US marketing strategies and campaigns into relevant and compelling regional initiatives.
- Recommend appropriate agencies and vendors to support Canadian marketing efforts.
- Working with our US-based design team, manage the creation of all local marketing collateral (for Retail, Food Service, Experiential, Tradeshows, Media, etc.)., ensuring it’s in line with our brand style guide, architecture, messaging, and current campaign(s). Tailor materials as appropriate based on local insights.
- Manage Canadian marketing budget, seeking to optimize ROI. Track quarterly spend by category versus budget, ensuring we do not exceed budget.
- Oversee management of Canada agencies and vendors.
- Work with HQ creative and brand team to ensure approved brand assets, messaging, and best practices are followed in Canada.
- Develop and track goals, metrics, and success criteria for all key activities.
- Based preferably in Toronto, where our Regional Field Marketing Manager and Sales lead are located.
- 7-10+ years experience in consumer packaged good marketing, ideally for an international food brand
- Strong pulse on the food and innovation scene, with an ability to identify strategic partners, trends, and relevant insights
- Highly entrepreneurial with excellent leadership skills
- Fluency in English required, French (a plus)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible schedule to accommodate different time zones
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time