No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Customer Operations Team Lead
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Team Lead to join our team in Charlotte. This person will be responsible for developing a team in tandem with processing a reduced pipeline. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment!
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Irvine, Charlotte and Gurgaon, we are rapidly growing in order to deliver a fabulous borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. Our office in Charlotte is a key part of this strategy!
In joining our Charlotte team, you will have an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a meaningful role in delivering on our mission.
Responsibilities will include:
As Better's Processing Team Lead, your responsibilities will be wide in scope. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Develop team of junior processors:
- Drive team objectives and critical metrics throughout production cycles.
- Provide and mentor through qualitative and quantitative feedback for your team.
- Supervise daily cadence as the product continues to improve.
- Serve as the first line of defense to diffuse customer issues to management.
- Support Processing Manager and Senior Processors with sophisticated loan troubleshooting.
- Handle limited pipeline of loans
- Verify and analyze all vital financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all vital credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions.
- Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams in Operations (title, valuations, underwriting, closing) to close loans
- Proven experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages
- 1 year of leadership experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of agency conventional, purchase, refinance, and jumbo underwriting product guidelines
- Familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU)
- Strong communication, organization, and time leadership skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and tackle problems independently
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better.com at a glance
Better.com focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City, Irvine, Oakland, and Charlotte. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Better.com has raised $216M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.