No lender fees. No commission. No, really
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
*Better.com by the numbers: *
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And *#964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies” *
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Capital Markets is Better’s primary revenue generator, with oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization. The team has perspective across all company functions and is deeply involved in strategic decision making. By working with Product, Sales, and Marketing, we are creating the most comprehensive financial marketplace on Better.com.
As a Funding Analyst, you will collaborate with your Capital Markets peers, as well as other mortgage operations stakeholders to ensure our loans are funded efficiently and securely on a daily basis. You will also have the opportunity to represent the company externally, specifically by liaising with warehouse operations staff to ensure prompt and accurate disbursements. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of our funding processes by performing a final QC on loan documentation, developing metrics and reporting for the Director of Capital Markets, and taking ownership of other initiatives to continue improving our funding work.
- You have 1-2 years of prior funding experience (required).
- You are a quantitative thinker and take a practical approach to problem solving.
- You are extremely diligent with high attention to detail.
- You thrive in a high pressure environment.
- You are a consumer advocate. Each of our loans helps someone realize their dream of homeownership.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.