No lender fees. No commission. No, really
IT Systems Administrator
We’re one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s ** “Best Places to work”**
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And *#964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies” *
- We’ve secured over ** $254 million** from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our IT and Devops team to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide tech support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support OS X and Windows users (e.g. software installs and VPN troubleshooting)
- Provision, manage, and repair of employee's laptops
- Enforce best practices of office IT security
- Provision and support of VOIP telephony and telepresence equipment
- Support wired and wireless networks
- Create documentation for frequently asked questions
- Asset management and procurement
- 5 - 10 Years Experience
- Familiar with Active Directory
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
- Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
- Fluent in English (Orally & Written)
- Able to write and maintain documentation
- Familiar with Help Desk ticketing systems
- Preference for those who have worked with overseas IT offices in the past
- Basic AWS Experience preferred
Bonus Points for:
- Command line proficiency
- Passion for open source software
- Familiarity with the tenets of Unix philosophy
- Knowledge of identity management/authentication systems (LDAP/Radius)
- Comfortable communicating with and managing remote offices
*Things we value: *
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- *Empathy and Compassion. * You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.