No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Sr. Growth Product Manager
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s ** “Best Places to work”**
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And *#964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies” *
- We’ve secured over ** $254 million** from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
We know that buying a home is more than just getting a mortgage. It takes months of deep planning, researching, strategy and compromise to find a home that meets all of one’s needs and fits into their budget. We’re searching for a Sr. Growth Product Manager to drive the strategy and implementation of Better’s growth initiatives in partnership with our Marketing team. You’ll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product initiatives. You will be a master at developing and testing hypotheses quickly. You’ll be adept at using consumer behavior analytics, user research, and experimentation to grow our user base, as well as maximize conversion rate and revenue per customer. This role is full-time and based in New York, reporting to the Director of Product for Growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define growth roadmap collaboratively with Product, Engineering, and Marketing based on deep analysis and understanding of user experience to unlock and optimize all acquisition channels
- Identify both near-term and strategic initiatives and tests to drive growth and improve conversion
- Own all the initial touch points and partner integrations into the product experience and constantly be thinking of how to improve or expand this landscape
- Partner with other Product Managers to increase growth opportunities throughout the product experience
- Build and run an experimentation program focused on accelerating growth of Better’s D2C mortgage business. Lead the process to understand the results, learnings, insights, and follow-on experimentation
- Monitor growth metrics and set up alerts to ensure all channels are performing
- Manage competing priorities with consistency and transparency. Make good decisions and articulate the reasoning to stakeholders.
- Evangelize Growth throughout the org. Always be learning and sharing your findings with the team so that you can scale yourself. Make us all part of the Growth team!
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve acquisition and conversion
- At least 5-8 years' experience in Product/Marketing at high performing startups/growth stage companies, and at least 2-4 years' Growth specific experience.
- Analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach
- Proven track record of driving growth and improving conversion
- Experience leading growth analysis, setting up dashboards, alerts and monitoring metrics
- Strong user-centered, highly empathetic product practice, that, in collaboration with your Design partners, yields tailored user experience solutions which drive conversion
- Structured thinking. You are an organized thinker who can zoom in and between the low-level details of a complex project and the overall picture of how those details fit into the goal. You explain things in a way that others can understand how each discussion fits into that overall picture while making sure that key details aren’t missed.
- Get up to speed fast. What you lack in previous knowledge about the world of home mortgage lending, you make up for with curiosity and an ability to learn new things quickly. You have a history of entering a new space and building expertise rapidly.
- You’re excited about our mission to make homeownership easier and more affordable for all Americans.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion: If you don’t get excited about helping people get into and stay in the home of their dreams then this simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion: You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.