No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Senior Manager, Talent Strategy Business Partner (HRBP)
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And *#964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies” *
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, and office management, the People team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects - such as structuring performance management to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful Senior Manager, Talent Strategy Business Partner (HRBP) to support our rapidly evolving organization. In conjunction with business clients, stakeholders and speciality Talent (HR) groups, this individual will serve as on the ground and strategic HR support. This individual will advise on all matters relating to talent, including organization and leader effectiveness, organizational design, headcount management and support, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
- Lead the Talent Strategy Business Partner (HRBP) function for a specific client group within the organization, including the oversight of direct reports
- Establish and lead ongoing relationships with senior leadership, consistently ensuring outstanding customer focus
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to deliver best-in-class (HR) support to internal client group
- Drive the creation and implementation of Talent (HR) strategies in alignment with client business priorities and goals, including but not limited to growth, organizational design, workforce planning, retention and succession, executive coaching
- Partner with client and speciality groups across Talent (people) to run all key people processes (OKR setting, learning and leadership development, talent calibrations, performance management, compensation and analytics, etc).
- Ability to operate in fast-paced, hyper-growth environments
- Comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative to with little to no direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- 7+ years of HR/Leadership experience
- 3+ years specific to HRBP
*Things we value: *
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.