No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Senior Hospitality Manager
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
* We fund $600 million in home loans per month
* Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
* 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
* We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
* And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
* We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
* ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better is hiring for a Senior Hospitality Manager to define, implement, and maintain hospitality standards across our US offices. This hire will have ownership of all aspects of the community experience for guests and employees, and will work collaboratively with our Facilities team, Admin staff, and design partners to ensure a welcoming experience for all who enter our professional home and flawless execution of any events we host.
As our growth continues, the Senior Hospitality Manager will ensure continuity of our hospitality standards when moving existing teams into larger spaces or opening offices in new locations. Additionally, this hire will lead a team of direct reports, including Executive Assistants, Receptionists, and others, and should bring ample managerial tact to maximize the potential of each of those individuals. The ideal candidate will approach their responsibilities with creativity, innovation, and efficiency in mind.
* A highly proactive self starter
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in supervising a variety of disciplines in order to optimize CX
* Experience in vendor and contractor management
* History of spearheading hospitality initiatives in new office spaces
* Ability to multitask, manage competing priorities, and anticipate potential problems before they arise
* Humility and accountability
* Experience in a high-growth environment
* 5+ years in a related position or field
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.