No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Talent Acquisition Manager
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
* We fund $600 million in home loans per month
* Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
* 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
* We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
* And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
* We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
* ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human capital, and office experience, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
Our Talent Acquisition team is looking for a Recruiting Manager to join our growing talent practice, partner with our Director of Talent Acquisition and manage a team of recruiters as we build out various functions across the company. We’re in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to both lead and execute day-in and day-out as well as eagerness to partner and collaborate with various stakeholders on finding the right talent for their perspective organizations.
Responsibilities will include:
* Coach and mentor a team of recruiters, providing development opportunities and performance feedback
* Align team with Better’s mission, hiring goals and strategy
* Partner with department heads and senior leaders to build and oversee strategy to drive results
* Manage supply and demand within talent acquisition
* Work with senior leaders to build best-in-class recruiting experiences
* Develop and lead a superior full-cycle recruiting experience to both hiring managers and candidates
* Bring strong experience collaborating and consulting with business leaders on both strategic and tactical recruiting plans, including pipeline management and sourcing techniques
* You are a process oriented & data driven leader; passionate about fixing complex operational challenges allowing for greater scalability and impact
* Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment,developing processes and policies on recruitment strategies from the ground up
* Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
* A go-getter who can self-manage and execute new processes and strategies, understands how to both manage up as well as manage down
* High belief in Better’s mission and the work we do every day
* Bachelor’s degree required
* 5+ years of experience working in full-cycle recruiting and managing a team
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.