No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Senior Social Media Manager
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
* We fund $600 million in home loans per month
* Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
* 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
* We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
* And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
* We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
* ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced, digital-savvy Senior Social Media Manager to lead the content planning, ideation, curation, and community engagement for Better’s social media presence. You will work across core platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as customer review sites that are key to refining our brand voice and customer growth. This person will report directly to our Senior Marketing Manager, and will collaborate with teams across the organization, including Product and Acquisition, to ensure a successful marriage of paid and organic strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
* Collaborate with Marketing, Creative, and other teams to establish voice, tone, personality and content to drive growth and engagement across all social media platforms and external review sites.
* Develop a short and long-term content calendar for social media platforms, including text, image and video content.
* Respond to and engage with customer comments and queries in a timely manner; monitor and report on online feedback and reviews.
* Analyze web traffic and relevant community metrics; auditing, reporting and collaborating on social intelligence and social listening data.
* 4-7 years in a social media manager role
* Passionate about building a community, and excited to be part of a rapidly growing fintech company set on changing how people view the mortgage industry.
* Significant experience with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube is essential.
* Robust experience with Hootsuite, Hubspot, Sprout Social, or similar programs for efficient management of multiple social media postings across multiple networks.
* Proficient in Google Analytics, and skilled with interpreting website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.