No lender fees. No commission. No, really
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
* Helped more than 10,000 families get home
* Financed over $3B in loans
* Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
* Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our head of IT & various team managers to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide escalation support for the IT team & support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
* Manage IT staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
* Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT operations
* Implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
* Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
* Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
* Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
* Audit systems and assess their outcomes
* Preserve assets, information security and control structures
* Manage inventory and asset procurement
* Act as point of escalation for Helpdesk team
* Provide status reports & updates on team projects, recurring issues, and daily operations
* Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
* Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
* Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
* Ability to manage IT personnel
* Experience training & on boarding staff
* Can manage staff in a remote office
* Desire to streamline workflows & automate EVERYTHING
* Experience with full user & application Lifecycle management
* Proficiency with Active directory
* Familiar with the core tenets of ITIL
* Expert in SaaS ops
* Experience at a Financial/Fintech company
Bonus Points for:
* Command line proficiency & Scripting
* Experience with AWS & Terraform
* Passion for integrating systems & platforms
* Knowledge of identity management (OKTA, One Login)/authentication systems (LDAP/Radius)
* Experience in a startup environment
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people’s biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.