No lender fees. No commission. No, really
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
* We fund $600 million in home loans per month
* Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
* 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
* We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
* And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
* We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
* ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we’ve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees and days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Processing Expert to join our team. This person will be responsible for conducting detailed credit analysis of loan applications and managing the collection of all required loan documentation to obtain final credit approval. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in Costa Mesa, Charlotte, San Francisco and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people.
In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Responsibilities will include:
* Perform thorough analysis of applicant's income and expense data, self-employment documentation, credit reports, and property valuations in order to affirm borrower qualifies for loan
* Verify and analyze all necessary financial information and documentation; ensure that loan files contain all necessary credit and legal documents to satisfy underwriting conditions
* Calculate qualifying ratios, determine creditworthiness
* Proactively manage a pipeline in a timely, accurately, and efficiently manner.
* Request and manage organization of borrower loan documentation
* Work effectively with cross-functional teams in Operations (title, valuations, underwriting, closing) to close loans
* Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
* Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
* Experience processing (or underwriting) FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and Jumbo mortgages preferred, but not required
* Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting product guidelines and familiarity with Desktop Underwriter (DU) preferred, but not required
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.