No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Software Engineer in Test
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to work within a product team. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work, is a quality evangelist, and thrives in a collaborative environment. This is primarily an automated testing role, and a chance to learn and improve your test automation skills using cutting edge techniques. The test team is currently small, but has big plans, which you can directly contribute to.
- Test automation tools include Selenium, Pytest and Jest; with Browserstack for cross browser, Cypress, React Testing Library and Ember Test
- On the frontend we use Ember, React, and Sass.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support a product team to determine the fitness of features for release by performing exploratory and context driven manual testing
- Become a subject matter expert for your area of the product
- Identify gaps in automated test coverage and fill them with automated tests. Use the knowledge gained during manual testing to inform what should be automated.
- Evangelize for quality within the team
- Some possible projects include extending visual testing for our component library, enhancing our mobile testing, speeding up the tests that run within continuous delivery, or building contract tests over our microservices.
- Prior experience in a testing role which includes automation testing
- Ability to see the big picture from the user perspective. In particular, experience testing a consumer product is preferred.
- You are detailed, organized, and inquisitive
- You are interested in inspecting code to inform testing
- Some experience with shell scripting and helping to maintain a continuous integration environment is a bonus
- Have a desire for continuous learning. In particular, interested in learning more about test automation
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better.com at a glance
Better.com focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City, Irvine, Oakland, and Charlotte. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Better.com has raised $216M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.