No lender fees. No commission. No, really
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
* We fund $600 million in home loans per month
* Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
* 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
* We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
* And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
* We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
* ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human capital, and office experience, the People Operations team works to create and foster a positive and productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, and able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
Our Talent Acquisition team is looking for a generalist recruiter to join our growing talent practice, focusing on building out various functions across the company. We’re in hyper-growth mode so we need someone with the drive and passion to execute day-in and day-out, eager to partner and collaborate with various stakeholders on finding the right talent for their perspective organizations. This person will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of both our hiring managers and candidates, setting expectations and exceeding them.
Responsibilities will include:
* Updating and managing our candidate pipeline via Greenhouse
* Tailoring and posting job listings for open positions
* Thinking outside of the box to find talent at every opportunity
* Developing sourcing strategies; using various avenues to attract the best talent
* Partnering with hiring managers on developing a strong candidate experience
* Developing cadence with hiring managers for pipeline and interview process updates
* Owning candidate experience -- guiding them through the hiring process
* Greeting, hosting, and selling candidates during onsite interviews
* Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals
* A go-getter who can self-manage and execute new processes and strategies
* A scrappy & creative thinker; an optimist
* High personal integrity
* Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
* Remarkable organizational skills and relentless drive to improve efficiency
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Experience working in a start up and/or fast-paced environment
* 2-4 years of experience working in full-cycle recruiting
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.