No lender fees. No commission. No, really
Senior Manager, Corporate Finance and Investor Relations
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
* We fund $600 million in home loans per month
* Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
* 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
* We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
* And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
* We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
* ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance and Investor Relations, you will be responsible for a wide range of strategic finance activities including creating and maintaining investment materials for existing investors, prospective investors, and industry events and conferences. You will develop a deep understanding of our business and operating model in order to communicate our performance and plans, both inside the firm and externally. Additionally, you will support senior management and business unit leaders through producing financial analysis and forecasts supporting our overall corporate strategy and performance goals. You'll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will build relationships across the firm and with key external parties.
* Develop a deep understanding of the Company and consistently update and improve all financial and investor communication - including our Company teaser, Company overview presentation and investor materials
* Analyze data and partner across the organization to prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting deliverables, including investor update materials, Board materials, conference call scripts, Q&A, and any other supplemental materials
* Participate in meetings and calls with the Executive team, Finance Team and investors to discuss the Company’s financial performance and strategy
* Play a key role in planning, orchestrating, and preparing presentation materials for conferences and other external audiences
* Assist in the fundraising process, including creating and managing investor materials and responses to due diligence requests; track details of communication with existing and prospective investors
* Evaluate M&A and investment opportunities (both inbound and externally sourced) across our product vertical and beyond, including evaluation, financing and structuring
* Prepare ad-hoc analysis for Board or senior management, including financial models as needed
* Monitor industry developments, market trends and valuation and activity of publicly traded and private comparable companies
* Actively participate and provide support in the forecasting/planning process
* 4+ years of functional experience in a corporate finance, investor relations or investment banking
* BA / BS degree; major in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
* Strong financial modeling skills
* Ability to convey strategic and financial messages in written materials, presentations, financial models and data analysis
* You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
* Leadership minded, with ability to adapt to dynamic, quick-pace environment
* Ability to think creatively on a macro and micro level
* Humble, highly driven and detail-oriented
* Passionate about blending technology and finance
* Knowledge of SQL and Tableau is a plus
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
We take care of our own. Better.com offers fully funded health, dental, and vision benefits
20 weeks paid parental leave.
Cash and equity. Why not reap what you sow?
Hungry employees aren’t happy employees. That’s why Better.com team members get free lunch, dinner, and snacks. Every. Single. Day.
Happy hours, birthday parties, book clubs, and more. We believe in building a community, not just a company.
From cozy couches to new computers, Better.com provides whatever you need to help us succeed.
Better Mortgage at a glance
Better Mortgage focuses on Real Estate, Financial Services, Finance, Consumer Lending, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in New York City and Oakland. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Better Mortgage has raised $117M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.