Invent technologies to discover and develop cell-based products
Here at Berkeley Lights, we think cells are awesome! Cells are capable of manufacturing cures for diseases, fibers for clothing, energy in the form of biofuels, and food proteins for nutrition. So the question is, if nature is capable of manufacturing the products we need in a scalable way, why aren’t we doing more of this? Well, the answer is that with the solutions available today, it is hard. Berkeley Lights is here to change all of that! Our extremely sophisticated proprietary technology and Beacon® and LightningTM systems accelerate the rate researchers can discover and develop cell-based products in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of conventional, legacy research methods. Using our tools and solutions, scientists can find the best cells, the first time they look.
Our goal is to continue to collaborate with customers to drive the adoption of our technologies, making cell-based products and therapeutics more easily accessible the world over! You will play a major role here within the finance team, and our success will depend on you! We have been changing how the world develops cell-based products since 2011, and now our family of over 200 employees welcomes you to consider joining us on this incredible journey.
The Finance Manager, China, is a newly created role for the Berkeley Lights Accounting and Finance Team that reports to the VP, Finance & Accounting with a line of responsibility to the Senior Manager, Accounting. In this role, you will be utilizing your technical and local accounting and tax expertise to lead the monthly close of the China operating entity, manage external accounting and tax resources, support the local sales, marketing and support organization, annual audits and tax compliance, accounting and other financial systems, and accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Responsible for activities associated with the in-charge finance person for the China operating entity, including liasing with the local tax bureau
- Manage day-to-day accounting and finance activities of the organization
- Assist in managing travel & expense reimbursement processes
- Analyzing and reporting monthly and quarterly performance and identifying corrective action as necessary to ensure that the businesses are on track to meet the targets
- Coordinate with external consultants and/or internal resources to ensure timely closing process, including reconciliations, in accordance with China and US GAAP
- Coordinate with external consultants and/or internal resources to ensure tax compliance, including timely and accurate tax filings
- Work closely with sales and service organization to ensure understanding of activities and arrangements with customers in support of corporate and business development projects
- Assist with projects for process, control, and scalability improvements including documentation of the control environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5-10 years relevant accounting experience required, of which 4+ years is industry
- Experience in Microsoft D365
- Knowledge of US GAAP and ability to bridge CAS to GAAP for reporting
- Excellent analytical skills; strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical techniques
- Able to streamline and automate complex processes.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Knowledge or experience in using sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
Generous benefits package
Catered lunch every day!
Breakfast and snack foods
Workout classes with professional trainer
Company social events
Referral bonus program
Berkeley Lights at a glance
Berkeley Lights focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, and Bio-Pharm. Their company has offices in Emeryville. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Berkeley Lights has raised $191.468M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2020.