Invent technologies to discover and develop cell-based products
Senior Manager Eastern US Sales
Here at Berkeley Lights, we think cells are awesome! Cells are capable of manufacturing cures for diseases, fibers for clothing, energy in the form of biofuels, and food proteins for nutrition. So the question is, if nature is capable of manufacturing the products we need in a scalable way, why aren’t we doing more of this? Well, the answer is that with the solutions available today, it is hard. Berkeley Lights is here to change all of that! Our extremely sophisticated proprietary technology and Beacon® and LightningTM systems accelerate the rate researchers can discover and develop cell-based products in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of conventional, legacy research methods. Using our tools and solutions, scientists can find the best cells, the first time they look.
Our goal is to continue to collaborate with customers to drive the adoption of our technologies, making cell-based products and therapeutics more easily accessible the world over! You will play a major role here in the sale of these technologies, and our success will depend on you! We have been changing how the world develops cell-based products since 2011, and now our family of around 200 employees welcomes you to consider joining us on this incredible journey.
To continue business expansion in North America, Berkeley Lights is seeking a Senior Manager Eastern US Sales who will be responsible for leading a team focused on sales of the company’s cell processing platforms and consumables within the region. Working closely with the Vice President, North America Sales, this individual will be responsible for managing the sales process, forecasting and revenue in order to achieve business goals and objectives. This role will require high-level interaction with customer-based decision makers in late stage deal making, providing a consultative sales approach in conjunction with their direct reports. The goal is demonstrating to customers the advantages BLI’s platforms provide in discovery and workflow process improvements to achieve revenue goals.
- Overall revenue responsibility for BLI Platforms which serve Pharma, Biotech, CROs, Government and Academic markets in the Eastern US
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching for all direct reports
- Consistently monitor performance metrics and implement successful strategies to enable team to deliver on expectations
- Actively manage forecasting through a variety of tools including CRM, Excel and Verbal updates
- Make data-based recommendations on team needs and expansion
- Support and drive sales process improvement
- Collaborate with cross department business partners in joint strategic initiatives
- Drive success in the field by traveling with the team, visiting customers and participate in conferences
- Act as voice of customer within product core teams and as a partner with marketing and development
- Champion engagement to build organizational and people capabilities; develop future leaders, builds the bench with diverse talent; imports and exports talent.
- 2+ years in a direct sales leadership role of a remote team in the Biotechnology Tools Space
- Significant experience in Drug Discovery, including Cell Line Development and Ab Discovery, including the launch of novel technology
- Experience building and leveraging a strong understanding of customer business models to connect Berkeley Lights’ competencies with customer needs
- Proven track record in selling life sciences capital equipment and associated ongoing consumables product revenue streams
- Successful track record of success in growing revenue, market share and high performing teams
- Keen understanding of the life sciences market, ability to analyze and communicate key trends, customer needs
- Action Oriented with a strong sense of urgency, discipline and commitment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to establish cross functional, multi level relationships with the organization
- Credible and influential presentation skills with ability to present business and scientific content internally and externally to all levels of an organization
- Organized, result driven and goal oriented
- Strong team focus with effective supervisory and mentoring skills resulting in a positive team demeanor and teamwork
- Ability to think creatively, adapt to and communicate business changes as well as contribute to a fast paced organization
Generous benefits package
Catered lunch every day!
Breakfast and snack foods
Workout classes with professional trainer
Company social events
Referral bonus program
Berkeley Lights at a glance
Berkeley Lights focuses on Biotechnology, Healthcare, and Bio-Pharm. Their company has offices in Emeryville. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Berkeley Lights has raised $191.468M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2020.