Berbix makes it easy to verify photo IDs online. We're hiring! https://jobs.lever.co/berbix
Software Engineer$125k – $175k • 0.1% – 1.0%
As a senior full-stack engineer, you’ll be expected to take a problem statement from definition to production code. You will be empowered to research the best solutions for any particular problem, architect a solution, develop and test that solution and ship it to our users. In addition to working directly with the founders, you’ll partner with the existing engineering and data scientists with backgrounds at Google, Snapchat, Airbnb and previous founding experience.
The Berbix product space is wide-ranging, with end user facing client code to collect ID information, backend systems to process that information, customer-facing dashboards to configure and consume the processed information, machine learning systems to intelligently reason about the information collected. It is a versatile stack with many different parts, and we’re looking for engineers who relish multi-faceted and cross-domain challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design solutions to complex customer-driven or end user-facing problems.
- Write specifications to make the solution and steps concrete.
- Work across different components of a complex engineering system, from frontend to backend to infrastructure.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design and support to understand requirements and ship thoughtful solutions.
- Write high-quality code optimized for extensibility, security, and maintainability.
- Engage in hiring additional engineers to the team to support ongoing and continued growth at the company.
- Engage in code reviews to ensure a high level of software excellence across the team.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- BS or higher, in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience with general-purpose programming languages.
- Experience with our infrastructure stack is a bonus, but not required. Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud Platform and leverages Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Experience working at a small company with diverse responsibilities is a bonus, but not required.
- Interest and ability to learn additional frameworks and programming languages as needed.
- Experience working with the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security engineering / software development.
Berbix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aspire to promote a diverse and inclusive environment for all current and future employees.
Blue cross blue shield ppo (gold)
FT Employees are eligible for 100% paid premium for our standard plan. Employees can select the Platinum plan, and cover the difference. Berbix covers 50% of costs for dependents for both plans.
Beam dental & vision
FT employees are eligible for 100% paid premium for both dental and vision. Berbix covers 50% of costs for dependents.
401(k) + company match
Full time employees can participate in a retirement savings plan. Berbix will contribute a 100% match up to 4% of annual salary.
All new parents who are FT employees are offered 12 weeks of fully paid time off to spend, welcoming the new family member.
Generous & flexible pto
Full time employees accrue up to 20 days of PTO each year. We actually want our employees to take time off for themselves to recharge and enjoy life.
Healthy snacks & good coffee
There are plenty of snacks to munch on in the office if you're hungry. We also have a nice pour over coffee setup with fresh beans weekly.
Daily paid lunch
Lunch is delivered to the office 5 days a week. If you're in the office, lunch is on us!
$100 monthly wellness allowance
Each month FT employees receive $100 to spend on a variety of wellness related activities including but not limited to: gym memberships, fitness apps, mindfulness apps, and more!
Commuter benefits + monthly allowance
We offer FT employees $50 a month to use on parking or transit, plus the option to use their own tax-free funds to cover any additional parking and transit costs.
Professional development stipend
Employees are encouraged to find resources that will empower them to grow professionally, whether that is through classes, trainings, books, or more.
Fun fridays and team outings
Whether it's happy hour, team breakfasts, or game night - we try to connect as a team a couple Fridays each month. Once a quarter we take a half day to do something extra fun as a team.
Life insurance + ad&d
FT employees are enrolled in a basic life insurance + accidental death & dismemberment policy.
Berbix at a glance
Berbix focuses on SaaS, Fraud Detection, Identity Management, Identity, and Online Identity. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Berbix has raised $2.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2019.