Financial Innovation for Small Business
Risk and Compliance Program Manager$80k – $100k • 0.01% – 0.1%
Bento is a fast growing startup led by veteran financial services executives and backed by leading Fintech investors. We operate at the heart of the $9 trillion small business commerce market, reinventing how businesses manage cashless workflows and virtual payments in a digital world. The product is simple but powerful, the market is huge, the growth is dramatic and the culture is unique. We're driven by our mission to enable small and mid-size business owners to succeed. If you are looking for a rare opportunity to help build something special from the ground up, we'd love to hear from you.
We need an experienced Risk and Compliance Program Manager. You will be focused on enhancing and managing our risk operations and working with our partners on our compliance program. You’ll stay abreast of current financial regulations, proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and work across the company to create, plan, and execute innovative solutions. You will drive cross-functional initiatives to manage risk and enhance our compliance policies and systems to support a rapidly growing business. You’ll develop efficient compliance processes and work with our Operations, Product, and Engineering teams to implement these across the organization. You will be the go-to person for compliance activities related to BSA/AML, KYC/CIP, Risk and Privacy.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain policies and procedures and control processes for effective management of Bento’s CIP/KYC program
- Manage compliance relationship with our bank partners and auditors
- Manage the day-to-day operations of BSA/AML/OFAC compliance to ensure Bento stays in continuous compliance with federal regulations, contractual obligations, and internal policies.
- Conduct secondary reviews and handle priority escalations, which will require applying investigative techniques quickly and interfacing with multiple functional areas.
- Conduct risk assessments and manage compliance monitoring in accordance with best practices.
- Stay up to date and adapt to regulatory changes or emerging industry best practices; raise awareness of trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program
- Monitor the health of our Compliance and Fraud/Risk Operations, including producing metrics and reporting to management and other key stakeholders
- Work across the organization with marketing, sales, and product in a compliance advisory capacity.
- Lead regulatory compliance training efforts for all Bento employees.
- Manage ad-hoc Bento compliance projects as needed
- Identify gaps and deficiencies with regulatory compliance and provide guidance in the development or implementation of corrective action.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of BSA/AML/OFAC experience with Fintech companies or regulated financial institutions in a compliance, risk management, internal controls or similar role.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of payments compliance regulation and requirements (AML, OFAC, KYC) and ability to interface with bank Risk and Compliance staff.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; at ease communicating and presenting to Senior-level management (internally and externally)
- Working knowledge of fraud detection and risk mitigation concepts, strategies, and techniques
- Self-starter with strong attention-to-detail; can easily work independently just as well as collaboratively in a group
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CAMS or CRCM certification
- Background in building a compliance program/team and related systems
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Familiarity with commercial credit compliance a big plus
We’re a startup that truly cares about its people. We have a responsibility-based culture with flexible working hours, comprehensive medical & dental benefits, commuter & FSA benefits, equity participation, unlimited vacation and most of all, the opportunity to make a huge impact in a venture with huge potential.
Come join us!
Health, vision, & dental
We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits and provide a selection of plans to choose from
Bento offers stock options to all employees
Employees can take as many days off as they need, with advance notice, all year
Lunch on us
You’ll have your own Bento card to use to purchase your lunch
Stocked kitchen with coffee, espresso, snacks and more
Our Chicago office includes a free membership in the fitness center located in our building, complete with new fitness equipment, classes and locker room
Commuter & fsa benefits
Bento’s Commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) helps employees cover out-of-pocket commuter and medical expenses
We encourage the team to work together in person, with trips to/from the Chicago/San Francisco office
San francisco and chicago office locations
Our offices in San Francisco (SOMA) and Chicago (the Loop) are conveniently located near transit hubs and offer easy access to the heart of both cities
Bento for Business at a glance
Bento for Business focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Small and Medium Businesses, Software, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bento for Business has raised $18.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.