Financial Innovation for Small Business
Bento Customer Success Specialist$39k – $45k • 0.01% – 0.02%
At Bento, we believe that there’s a better, more inclusive way for small businesses to access the financial services they need. A key component of our strategy is to provide world-class support to our customers to ensure they’re getting the most out of our products. We genuinely care about our customers and are dedicated to providing them the best possible product and experience at each and every touchpoint.
To help execute on our mission, we’re looking for a multi-dimensional Customer Advocate to provide exceptional support to our customers. Through live chat, phone, and email, you’ll help us ensure that our clients and prospective customers have a positive experience using Bento. You must bring a can-do, customer-focused attitude to get the job done.
This is a chance to experience the fast-paced environment of a Series B funded startup in a highly visible role with the opportunity to make a tremendous impact.
- Be the product expert: Answering questions via chat, phone and email inquiries on features & functionality, you'll be responsible for learning the product inside and out and communicating with customers in a user-friendly way.
- Account management: Placing calls to our newest customers, welcoming them to the Bento Family and going over best practices for their business needs.
- Sales: You'll be a customer consultant who introduces new Bento features and upgrades to existing customers. You may also find yourself liaising with our Sales team to inform potential customers of Bento's features.
- Compliance: As a financial product/service, there are various rules and regulations that must be met in order to get new customers on-boarded. Calling customers to collect necessary documents and reviewing enrollments to ensure that these requirements are met.
- Creative problem solving: There are a variety requests that may come your way: from a card being lost or stolen to having log in trouble, you'll handle them all. Sometimes the answer will be straightforward, sometimes it will take a keen eye and a knack for investigation-- you'll ask the right questions to get to the facts, and find a creative way to provide the ideal, accurate solution.
- Collaborate: You'll have endless opportunities to work with various parts of the business by troubleshooting and triaging technical issues. You'll be interfacing with developers, designers, and other internal and external key stakeholders to support client needs as new bugs are discovered and get escalated.
- Customer advocacy: You'll be the voice of the customer; the customer champion. The customer feedback you'll solicit and compile will help drive product and process improvement and customer satisfaction.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Must be a fast learner and be able to retain information on the go
- Unflappable personality that can take on any and all challenges and/or changes in direction with grace, humor, professionalism, and tact
- Effective multi-tasker, can prioritize and work effectively without little or no direct supervision
- Natural listener and problem solver with a passion for helping people
- Availability to work early or later shift as needed. We are open 8AM-7PM CT
- Must be able to pass a full background check
- Must have the ability to follow through on all tasks
- A cover letter is required to be considered
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Extremely comfortable and confident with providing technical support and troubleshooting over multiple platforms (e.g. different browsers, mobile devices, and operating systems)
- Happy to reach out to customers to help them maximize their Bento experience
- Ability to analyze and identify trends impacting the customer experience
- Experience providing support via phone, email and chat (inbound and outbound)
- Ability to search and find information and solutions independently
- Experience supporting clients in Financial Services or B2B environments
- A college degree from an accredited four-year university
- Unlimited PTO & personal days
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Stock options for all employees
- Office in the Loop is conveniently located to public transportation
- Free Lunch, snacks, drinks
- Free Gym Membership in the building
Health, vision, & dental
We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits and provide a selection of plans to choose from
Bento offers stock options to all employees
Employees can take as many days off as they need, with advance notice, all year
Lunch on us
You’ll have your own Bento card to use to purchase your lunch
Stocked kitchen with coffee, espresso, snacks and more
Our Chicago office includes a free membership in the fitness center located in our building, complete with new fitness equipment, classes and locker room
Commuter & fsa benefits
Bento’s Commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) helps employees cover out-of-pocket commuter and medical expenses
We encourage the team to work together in person, with trips to/from the Chicago/San Francisco office
San francisco and chicago office locations
Our offices in San Francisco (SOMA) and Chicago (the Loop) are conveniently located near transit hubs and offer easy access to the heart of both cities
Bento for Business at a glance
Bento for Business focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Small and Medium Businesses, Software, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bento for Business has raised $18.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.