Financial Innovation for Small Business
Senior Front End Engineer$80k – $125k • 0.03% – 0.1%
At Bento, we believe there’s a better way for businesses to manage and control employee expenses. This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the next big fintech startup that’s backed by top tier VCs and founders with a proven track record of success.
If you are a talented engineer who thrives in a fast-growing environment, and if you are passionate about building highly scalable systems with intuitive experience that users will love, we’d love to talk to you. At Bento, every engineer is responsible for delivering high-quality code and shaping the next stage of evolution in payments and financial services. Join us to learn and grow together and make a real difference.
- Architect, design and develop critical features and components
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to create and build beautiful apps and experiences
- Identify and select the right tools and frameworks for the job
- Collaborate across the organization to build and evolve platform and application capabilities with the technical vision and product and business needs
- Implement automated testing suite for functional and performance testing
- Be an owner and a champion of user experience
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and a desire to perfect the details
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, and build systems such as Gulp and Webpack
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure using AWS
- Experience in financial services, payments, processing, and/or small and medium businesses is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
We’re a startup that truly cares about its people. We have a responsibility-based culture with flexible working hours, comprehensive medical & dental benefits, commuter & FSA benefits, equity participation, unlimited vacation and most of all, the opportunity to make a huge impact in a venture with huge potential.
Come join us!
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Proactive, goal-oriented individuals who take pride in what they do
Entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people
Engineers interested in learning financial technology and payments
Health, vision, & dental
We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits and provide a selection of plans to choose from
Bento offers stock options to all employees
Employees can take as many days off as they need, with advance notice, all year
Lunch on us
You’ll have your own Bento card to use to purchase your lunch
Stocked kitchen with coffee, espresso, snacks and more
Our Chicago office includes a free membership in the fitness center located in our building, complete with new fitness equipment, classes and locker room
Commuter & fsa benefits
Bento’s Commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) helps employees cover out-of-pocket commuter and medical expenses
We encourage the team to work together in person, with trips to/from the Chicago/San Francisco office
San francisco and chicago office locations
Our offices in San Francisco (SOMA) and Chicago (the Loop) are conveniently located near transit hubs and offer easy access to the heart of both cities
Bento for Business at a glance
Bento for Business focuses on SaaS, Financial Services, Small and Medium Businesses, Software, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Bento for Business has raised $18.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2018.