Artificial Intelligence for Drug Discovery
Frontend Software Engineer | with passion for large datasets and UX/UI£60k – £80k
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, is an advanced technology company focused on accelerating the journey from data to medicines. It is the world’s only technology company with end-to-end capability from early discovery to late stage clinical development.
You already are a Mid-Level/Senior Frontend software engineer looking to work on an exciting greenfield project: a web based platform for surfacing the power of our AI models and state of the art data analysis methods for scientists. Our goal is to bring together world-class Scientists and Machine Learning Researchers to accelerate the discovery of therapeutic treatments for human diseases. This is an ideal role if you are passionate about the Biomedical/ Medicinal Chemistry domains, user experience, data visualisation and machine learning, and if you would be excited by the opportunity to grow your skills in these areas.
We offer a great opportunity to explore and experiment with the state of the art tech stack and product to bring it to another level. You will also have the freedom to learn more within the role through regular in-house presentations and other training and develop your career in a highly challenging, but rewarding role.
What’s your mission?
* Work closely in an experienced cross functional team to help architect, iterate and deliver elegant solutions for a wide range of scientists.
* Implement state of the art front end tools and applications for visualisation, introspection and interrogation of data.
* Collaborate with Biologists, Data scientists, AI/Machine Learning researchers, bio and cheminformaticians, and Chemists. We are all passionate about maintaining a consistent user experience across our products and value a willingness to be actively involved in other non technical processes such as user and UX research.
* Iterate rapidly based on user feedback and experiment with different ideas, without losing sight of engineering quality.
* Be pragmatic and flexible - adapting your approach to work on hackathons, MVPs and long lived products.
* Be willing to share and champion your opinion on technical direction, and contribute to the mix of ideas.
* Mentor, and be mentored by, other members of the team. Partake in and facilitate workshops, retros and other project sessions.
What do you need to succeed?
* Extensive experience in front end web application development, with a genuine passion for elegant UI/UX solutions.
* Strong attention to detail and a willingness to champion good design principles and translate them into code
* A knowledge of automated and manual testing approaches
* Experience of Agile scrum, fast iterative environments, and version control.
* You must be a strong communicator who can explain what is required to build and deliver great software products.
BenevolentAI, founded in 2013, is an advanced technology company focused on accelerating the journey from data to medicines. It is the world’s only technology company with end-to-end capability from early discovery to late stage clinical development. The company is HQ’d in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and further offices in New York and Belgium.
The ‘Benevolent Platform’ is a unique machine intelligence technology system built to mine new knowledge from vast quantities of biomedical data, propose treatments and design drugs to enable its world leading scientists to bring new treatments to patients faster.
We are working on applying tech to real problems, and see real outcomes and the fruits of our labour by working on a meaningful mission. We do our job ‘Because it matters’ and live by the philosophy that unconventional thinking together with purposeful technology can have an impact on humanity.
The working environment is agile and we work in cross functional teams. We encourage a culture of learning, developing and challenging the status quo to foster dynamic, entrepreneurial behaviours, innovation and a ‘fail fast’ mentality.
Alongside all of this we can offer excellent benefits (learn more at benevolent.ai/careers), a global reach and the ability to work with the best talent in the industry.
Please be advised that we will hold and process your Personal Data for continuous recruitment purposes (this is irrespective of your success in this application or not) in line with vital regulatory requirements. Under GDPR/DPA2018, you have the right to be informed, access, restrict, correct or ask us to delete your Personal Data. More details available on our Privacy Notice (benevolent.ai/privacy (workable.com/nr?l=https://benevolent.ai/privacy/) ).
BenevolentAI at a glance
BenevolentAI focuses on Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Artificial Intelligence, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees.
You can view their website at https://benevolent.ai/