Informatics platform to accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D from discovery through bioprocessing
Head of Business Value Services
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a passionate Head, Business Value Services (BVS) who loves value selling, loves customers, and loves winning by creating a compelling story for every company. Business Value Services is part of the Product Marketing Organization but closely aligned with global sales to support our top accounts and pursuits. Their primary focus is to engage with customers and executives to help articulate the tangible, strategic, and financial impact that our platform can deliver to their organizations. They perform deep discovery to truly understand our customers’ business and processes, and architect visionary business cases and proposals that are used to rationalize current and future platform investments.
- Lead Business Value engagements with our top customers at all points of the customer lifecycle, from strategic alignment, project justifications, and proposals through to value measurement and realization of targeted business impacts
- Align with Sales and Customer Experience to deliver business value assessments that support sales and expansion opportunities, and assist our customers with investment rationalizations.
- Synthesize findings across multiple customers, industry verticals, and use cases into value studies, white papers that are suitable for wider distribution.
- Be a trusted resource for the Sales teams to help align business proposals that will deliver durable impact and ROI for our customers
- Provide thought leadership, training, and consultative partnering with sales, marketing, customer experience, and product teams outside of individual sales opportunities
- Minimum 10+ years professional experience, ideally in consultative, analytical, customer-facing roles within enterprise software, technology, or consulting companies
- At least a portion of that experience working within the biopharma industry, ideally aligned with the Research and Early Development function
- Proven ability to build and lead cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding results to customers
- Outstanding ability to convey value proposition and insights drawing from prior industry experience and acquired familiarity with Benchling products and use cases
- Polished presenter with executive presence, can serve as trusted advisor to highly technical audience (research scientists, managers, executives)
- Sharp, analytical, and willing to question the status quo
- Deep quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills, with proven business insight and judgment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a dynamic, confident personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and wear multiple hats
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Experience in a Sales environment and interacting with Client teams preferred
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work directly with our customers across the world (domestic travel up to 30%, international travel up to 10%)
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status