Informatics platform to accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D from discovery through bioprocessing.
Head of Customer Success
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
- Build and grow a world class Customer Success team. Develop the optimal team model, roles and responsibilities, team goals and objectives. Develop, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics of success to support customer segments with different levels of touch.
- Engage and build relationships with senior Business and IT leaders at our customers. Identify challenges and areas of risk, develop solutions and execution plans to avoid churn.
- Collaborate with Sales on renewal and up-sell strategies and renewal forecasts, with a focus on customer retention.
- Select and implement systems and processes to provide holistic tracking of customer health and a data driven approach to decision making.
- Collaborate with other CX leaders on strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journey mapping, voice-of-customer, and product feedback sessions to drive a seamless holistic customer experience and foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success.
- Promote awareness of the latest Benchling capabilities, ensure customers are utilizing key product features to maximize success. Define and implement programs to drive adoption and retention of Benchlings solutions.
- Collaborate with other Benchling teams from Support, Product, and Professional Services to manage customer issues and risks, and drive issues to closure.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to implement exec sponsor programs, business reviews processes, customer sat surveys, reference programs, case studies, and others.
- 10+ years of Customer Success experience in a SaaS software environment
- Experience building a successful CSM team in a high growth environment, with proven ability to recruit, hire, and lead a high-functioning Customer Success team
- Experience working with Life Sciences companies with an understanding of R&D processes and scientific concepts. Must be able to confidently interface and build trust with Director, VP and C-Level Scientific & Research IT leaders in top-20 Biotech and Pharma companies.
- BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology or similar life science field, or equivalent professional experience working with Life Sciences R&D processes and/or technology is highly preferred.
- Results-driven leader who is not afraid to lead from the front, dig into the details, understand our product, our customers scientific workflows, and tackle issues with the front-line teams
- Functional understanding of SaaS as a product delivery mechanism, with a willingness to learn our product and develop processes
- Independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and presentation formats
- Ability to travel 20-40% based on customer needs
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.