Informatics platform to accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D from discovery through bioprocessing.
Software Engineer, Quality
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
As a Software Engineer focused on Quality, your focus will be on taking our test automation, frameworks, and infrastructure to the next level at Benchling. You will be embedded within one of our Applications Engineering teams and partner with application-focused software engineers to design and scale our test automation, processes, frameworks, infrastructure, and environments. You will operate as part of the scrum while working with other engineers to define, design, and create best practices, coding standards & guidelines, frameworks and tools.
- Experienced with modern cloud and web development tools
- Experienced in complex data models and database migration
- An expert at figuring out how to test the boundaries of applications
- Review product requirements, engineering specifications, test code and test coverage
- Maintain & improve our test framework and define and evangelize best practices and guidelines
- Partner with Engineers to create an automated test strategy and end-to-end test coverage for new and existing features
- Prioritize, create and organize automated Cypress test suites for OQ, PQ, performance, and stress tests
- Maintain traceability of end-to-end tests to requirements and specifications
- Establish test environments and datasets to enable robust test automation through all stages of the CI/CD pipeline
- Create processes, metrics, and reporting for code analysis, reviews, coverage, and defects
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the Engineering team
- Mentor other engineers on testing and quality best practices, patterns and processes
- Drive teams to increase test coverage and increase quality
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Work in an Agile engineering environment
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of total experience in Engineering, Developer Productivity, Infrastructure or Testing
- Passionate about testing and test automation frameworks
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.