Informatics platform to accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D from discovery through bioprocessing
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a creative and energetic Academic Evangelist to drive the success and growth of Benchling’s scientific community. Benchling is used by over 150,000 academics worldwide, spanning all fields of biology and representing leading labs at universities such as Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Berkeley.
- Drive growth and engagement of Benchling users through grassroots marketing programs in academia
- Serve as the spokesperson and the face for Benchling in the broader academic community
- Launch and manage a worldwide brand ambassador program on university campuses
- Sponsor academic programs and represent Benchling at events, from small symposia to large conferences
- Participate in all aspects of event planning and execution including logistics, event promotion, and pre- and post-event attendee communication
- Engage with and support current users to cultivate strong Benchling advocates
- Develop a product training program for brand ambassadors and super users
- Become an expert of Benchling’s academic product and leverage that knowledge to create content and pitch Benchling
- Measure and report on the performance of different grassroots marketing programs
- Degree in biology, life sciences, or a related field, PhD preferred
- At least two years of academic research experience
- At least one year of experience in marketing or managing community-oriented programs
- Great networker who enjoys the idea of interfacing with users, especially academics
- Expert and personable communicator; comfortable speaking in front of audiences
- Keeps up with the latest technical scientific trends, and loves talking science
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to pick up new software/technologies
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Willing to travel
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.