Informatics platform to accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D from discovery through bioprocessing
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We’re looking for our first in-house technical recruiters to aggressively grow our engineering and product teams this year (and beyond)! This is a remarkable opportunity to build on an already strong recruiting foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of recruiting. You'll build on and implement best practices, influence hiring leaders, integrating our values into the recruiting process, and execute on goals to scale exceptional technical talent organizations.
- Help manifest Benchling's mission by identifying and hiring great engineering and product team members
- Partner closely with hiring managers to craft and deeply understand the organization’s needs and priorities
- Source candidates through a variety of channels while leveraging data to assess the efficacy of each channel and for each role
- Provide a high-touch service level to both our internal team and the external candidate pool Effectively select and partner with external talent organizations and tools to amplify your effectiveness
- Take a methodical and process-oriented approach to all tasks, whether mundane or mission-critical
- Act as candidates’ coach and advocate throughout the interview process
- A track record of recruiting and scaling high-performing Software Engineering and Product organizations
- The resourcefulness to turn a team’s needs into a targeted search, and ultimately, hire the best candidate for the job
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for each step of the recruiting process and candidate experience
- Experience recruiting for specialist and generalist roles sourced through a variety of channels
- Experience with an appreciation for proactive candidate cultivation and relationship building with passive candidates
- You possess an analytical mindset and are adept at leveraging data to inform decisions
- Natural intuition for what drives people and where they can most manifest their potential; you derive joy from helping people flourish personally and professionally
- Eagerness to recruit at all levels of experience, from recent college graduates to senior level leadership Infectious passion for impactful products and ambitious missions
- Preferred combination of experience recruiting in-house and in an agency setting
100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision
Paid parental leave
Flexible pto and company-wide winter holiday shutdown
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Monthly gym and wellness stipend
Yearly company-wide retreat
Weekly happy hours and regular company events
Benchling at a glance
Benchling focuses on Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Enterprise Software, Healthcare, and Synthetic Biology. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Boston. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Benchling has raised $111.9M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2020.