Informatics platform to accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D from discovery through bioprocessing
Account Executive / Sr. Account Executive, Enterprise
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a team of world-class account executives to drive commercialization of our product. You will be selling a product that fundamentally changes how research is done. Core responsibilities of this role include all aspects of the sales effort, from lead prospecting to relationship development to driving accounts to close. Beyond direct customer facing responsibilities, you will also be involved with helping build a repeatable on-boarding and training process and developing and improving sales collateral. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Active lead prospecting and demand generation across multiple segments of customers.
- Drive customers through close by thoughtfully addressing key stakeholders in the buyer journey while navigating organizational complexities.
- Lead prioritization and appropriate prioritization of sales efforts through the sales funnel.
- Proactively build and improve on the sales collateral, processes, and training of the sales organization
- Strongly passionate about the acceleration of life sciences research and the problems that Benchling is trying to solve.
- 2-5 years life science software sales closing experience, with experience selling SaaS solutions, required
- LIMS, ELN experience preferred
- Demonstrable history of consistently achieving or exceeding ambitious sales targets.
- Outstanding self-starter approach with the ability to be successful with very limited initial infrastructure.
- Curiosity, creativity, and persistence. You should be excited to collaborate with customers as a thought partner.
- Strong communication skills and the versatility to connect effectively with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, team project leads and executives in industry.
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (up to $100/month on a gym membership, running shoes, or even a massage)
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.