Informatics platform to accelerate, measure, and forecast R&D from discovery through bioprocessing
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Our People team is small and aggressively growing alongside the rest of the company. We are currently looking to add team members to our Talent Acquisition function to help us continue to raise the bar (one of our values) by hiring passionate Benchlings.
- Own full cycle recruitment for our business functions across the G&A and GTM teams. Our team is small, there’s a lot of opportunity to make your mark in how you do that.
- You really really really enjoy recruiting. You are in it for the fun of it.
- You have a passion for deeply understanding the business need driving the reqs we have open, and feel strongly that the only way to deliver at a high bar is by partnering directly with your hiring teams, helping them understand your process and them helping you understand theirs.
- You are autonomous, have high internal locus of control and getting things done makes you giddy.
- You are humble and it’s a point of pride for you. Large egos don’t do well / enjoy it at Benchling.
- You want to help us grow out of our next office space and don’t mind a bit of chaos as we move at the speed of light.
- Experience owning full cycle recruitment at a tech company our(ish) size for at least 2 years.
- Experience recruiting for a wide array of business functions from customer success to finance to sales.
- Experience sourcing. This is not a massive part of the role but you may end up sourcing your own roles at times. You need this skill.
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Beautiful, light-filled office in the Financial District of SF
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Meals and snacks covered
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Happy hours, company and team wide social events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.