Get a professional bookkeeper at a price you can afford
Manager, Inbound Sales$80k – $100k
What’s Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, Daily Hive, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.*
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Team performance management to meet and exceed Bench revenue targets
- Leading an Inbound Sales team of 30+ individuals, with a span of control of 4 Team Leads
- Developing a team of leaders to constantly push both their and their team’s performance to new heights
- Energizing a large team in a rapidly changing, high performance team environment (that is currently remote)
- Challenging, refining, and experimenting with Bench’s Inbound Sales Strategy to determine how to increase conversion and revenue from our Inbound leads
- Growing revenue via upsells and cross-sells of products and services
- Coordinating with stakeholders across the business to create and action ongoing capacity planning for the Inbound Sales Team
- Coordinating with other go-to-market teams (eg. Marketing, Client Success, Business Development) to maintain a tight feedback loop between Sales and the go-to-market organization
- Developing deep lead and client insights to inform product, marketing, sales, and our service operations teams on how we can provide more value to our clients, with the goal of improving conversion and increasing revenue
- Analyzing metrics and KPIs to understand and provide insights on sales performance and revenue related initiatives
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Energize a high performing team of 30+ individuals to consistently push their performance to new heights: What we’ve done before isn’t good enough. As a start up, we need to be constantly getting better. You can create a vision for where this team’s performance can be and ensure that we get there.
- Be energized by people leadership: You understand that you don’t serve clients; your team does. You are constantly thinking of how to coach and upskill your people, and how to build energy and focus on the team to achieve ever-greater performance.
- Think systematically: You can effectively conceptualize and problem solve in a complex system of customers, bookkeepers, and our technology stack. You are energized by challenging problems, and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them.
- Have the startup hustle: You have a strong bias for action. You are highly motivated and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You are also a team-player ready to pitch-in wherever you are needed most.
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
**If you're interested, please apply directly on our site! **https://bench.co/careers/job?id=2400381&gh_jid=2400381#2400381
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Bench Accounting at a glance
Bench Accounting focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Information Technology, and Finance. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bench Accounting has raised $49.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.