Get a professional bookkeeper at a price you can afford
BenchTax Junior Project Manager$50k – $60k
What’s Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, Daily Hive, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What’s the role of a Junior Project Manager in BenchTax?
With BenchTax we will ensure our clients can ditch the tax season stress, forever. We’re a startup within a startup; a small but mighty team working cross-functionally within Bench as well as working closely with our tax partner, Taxfyle.
We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset to take whatever actions are necessary to not only ensure the delivery of a ludicrously good tax service but to take BenchTax’s services, current or future, to the next level.
The BenchTax Junior Project Manager is responsible for the iterative improvements to all BenchTax service lines, ensuring that we’re always digging deeper to provide our clients a more comprehensive tax service. They work directly with various departments within Bench to ensure that our teams have all of the information, processes, workflows, and enablement materials to deliver on BenchTax services and achieve our department’s objectives and key results. Over time, the Junior Project Manager will expand their responsibilities to not only improve on the BenchTax services, but to deliver on key strategic initiatives that enhance Bench’s overall tax compliance and advisory strategy.
Here are some of the things you'll be getting up to:
• Execute on defined projects and initiatives to either improve on the BenchTax service lines or to deliver on our key results, which requires extensive collaboration with other departments at Bench as well as Taxfyle
• Continuously engage in iterative improvements to all BenchTax services, ranging from what our services are, how we deliver them, what data we use to evaluate the success of our actions, as well as hosting regular retrospectives with all Bench departments to ensure we’re continually improving
• Provide various Bench departments with information, processes, workflows and enablement materials to support the delivery of all changes to BenchTax’s services
• Maintain the documentation within the BenchTax knowledge base to ensure that all departments across Bench have access to the latest information on BenchTax
• On an as needed basis, support the delivery of our tax services within our partner’s, Taxfyle, platform to ensure our clients are getting the best possible experience
You’ll fit in well if you are:
• Independent with a bias towards action - You are a self-starter who is comfortable taking action where there won’t always be clarity. You have good judgement and always push things forward.
• Systems thinker - You are able to unpack loosely defined problems and are able to iterate or create workflows, processes, and tools that fit into the overall Bench system.
• You set the bar high - You have a high sense of ownership about your work product and high performance standards. You are not satisfied with mediocrity, and are always looking for ways to consistently improve.
• Client obsessed - You have always been someone looking to ensure your clients are getting the best possible experience with Bench.
• Fearless with feedback - You are never shy in voicing your opinions, whether that’s to a peer or any leader at Bench, and you welcome feedback from others. You believe that feedback is the cornerstone to being our best selves.
• Master Collaborator - You are someone who is capable of collaborating with various Benchmates, across multiple departments, independently. You are someone who can clear roadblocks for yourself and others simply by collaborating with people.
The extra details:
• This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
• This position offers an annual salary and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
• We'll set you up with everything you need to work remotely, from day one
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Bench Accounting at a glance
Bench Accounting focuses on SaaS, Enterprise Software, Financial Services, Information Technology, and Finance. Their company has offices in Vancouver. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Bench Accounting has raised $49.75M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2018.