Maximus is a consumer health company that helps men optimize mind and body
Full-Stack Engineer$90k – $140k
Located in Santa Monica, CA
Maximus is a mission-driven consumer health company that provides men with content, community, and clinical support to optimize them in mind and body. Maximus has raised $5M from top Silicon Valley VCs such as Founders Fund and 8VC as well as leading angel investors/operators from companies like Bulletproof, Tinder, Coinbase, Daily Stoic, & Shopify.
Maximus is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to work closely with the product team to build an advanced consumer health technology platform to help men improve their mental and physical health. We are looking for creative individuals skilled in solving the engineering challenges that come naturally with a rapidly scaling company.
PLEASE NOTE: Culture is key at Maximus, so we get to know candidates holistically through this questionnaire. There are no right or wrong answers, so complete as honestly and intuitively as possible, otherwise your profile will be uninterpretable. The questionnaire is optional to submit now with your application, but candidates that do so will get priority review. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have completed it.
- Contribute actively to product iteration and development to ensure the company delivers a compelling experience to its customers.
- Generate ideas and assess the associated options and tradeoffs for how they impact the growth of the business and customer experience.
- Work across functional teams (engineering, marketing, product, etc.) to translate business and product ideas into software designs and releases.
- Write and ship high quality code
- Drive the interface and experience (front-end) to produce a polished and high-value product.
- Extend and maintain back-end integrations with online services and logistical/physical vendors.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4+ years of experience in product software development (ideally with a combination of front-end and back-end experience). Past experience or interest in pair programming is welcome.
- Back-end: Ruby-on-Rails / Ruby experience/
- Familiarity with or interest in Event Sourcing and/or Redux and other immutability patterns.
- Strong communication skills: Proven ability to build strong relationships with technical and non-technical members of the team to solve challenging technical and business problems.
- Relentlessly Resourceful: highly proactive, does not quit, and finds innovative solutions with little guidance. Bias for action and ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- A dedication to keeping things simple and pragmatic.
- Attitude of shared ownership of the system, frequent integration. Collaborates proactively, in service of the shared highest priority.
- Passion for Men’s Health & Development: interest in helping men develop a healthy masculinity. Demonstrates personal dedication and interest in health optimization (e.g. diet, exercise, sleep, focus, and relationships).
Maximus is an equal opportunity employer, which not only includes standard protected categories, but the additional freedom from discrimination against your free speech and beliefs, as long as they are aligned with company values. We celebrate intellectual diversity.
Maximus at a glance
Maximus focuses on Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Maximus has raised $5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.