Own your programmatic advertising with a real-time bidder designed for your business
Senior Web Engineer - Backend (Python/Django)
Do you know modern web stacks from soup to nuts? Have opinions about clean URLs and dirty objects in ORMs? We want to talk to you!
Beeswax’s mission is to build great advertising software. Our product is an easy to use, massive scale and high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We offer our customers the most extensible and transparent advertising system in the world and process billions of transactions per second. We offer our employees a culture of transparency and one with many challenging problems to solve - whether our employees are competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, they remain a close-knit group.
We are looking for a Senior Web Engineer - Backend with in-depth working knowledge of the Django framework to join our growing team. Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon and Facebook and many other companies with strong software disciplines. We take pride in our mission to build great advertising software.
Our tech stack is always evolving to meet the challenges of the massive scale of transactions on which we operate. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs and carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant and thoughtfully designed interfaces to make the systems accessible to both our team and our customers.
Beeswax offers multiple solutions to our customers with digital advertising needs. Many customers rely heavily on our custom built UI and API in their daily workflow. The mission of the App team is to bring a streamlined experience for marketers to target the right audience and achieve satisfying results. Our contribution is highly visible and impactful to end-users. With short feedback loops, features are prioritized and built to create the most value for our customers. As a senior Django/Python engineer, you will guide the development of our API with some cutting edge technologies. If you enjoy architecting scalable systems and building impactful applications with other accomplished engineers, keep reading.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll guide major architectural changes as we scale to improve our engineering velocity
- Be the "Go-to" for all things Django, we hire tech agnostic so having a resident expert in this framework is essential to the success of our team going forward.
- Work with engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists to evolve these services to provide new experiences for our customers and meet our ever-growing scale
- You will mentor other engineers on architecture and process
- Work on our public REST API that supports both our customers and our own JS UI
- Do fun tasks like reviewing code, writing design docs and closing JIRA tickets
- You'll report to our Director of Web engineering
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Experience with building and operating a modern REST API (ie. Swagger, monitoring, rate limiting, authentication, etc.)
- A solid understanding of relational databases (we use Amazon Aurora MySQL)
- A solid understanding of modern operational processes and concerns for web applications (deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- A solid understanding of Django Rest Framework
- A strong grasp of software architecture (from classes or self-learning)
- An appreciation (or tolerance of) bee puns
Successful Engineers at Beeswax Have:
- An ethic of service and a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology and a desire to use it in all sorts of domains
- Openness and a Team first attitude
- An appreciation of repeatability, observability, and operational simplicity
MORE ABOUT US:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 and since then we’ve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE and Foundry Group and have grown rapidly.
- We believe in and invest in personal growth and we’ve got the results to back it up: we’ve been recognized as one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, we’ve won several Best Places to Work awards, and our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity and incorporate an array of professional experiences on our product & engineering teams. Some of our teammates hail from tech companies like Google, Amazon and Facebook; others from financial giants like Bloomberg and Bank of America; and more from some great software engineering cultures such as Compass and x.ai.
You have the ability to customize your plans to your liking
Work from home policy
Open vacation policy
Free Meals & Snacks
Weekly catered meals
We offer weekly meals, breakfast, lunch and stocked kitchen
Outings & Events
Beeswax at a glance
Beeswax focuses on Information Technology, Advertising, Cloud Computing, Advertising Platforms, and Technology. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Beeswax has raised $28.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019 at a valuation of $92M.