Recruitment CRM & Marketing Software
Senior Backend Engineer
Beamery’s mission is to help companies acquire their greatest asset; their people. Our Talent Operating System lets companies attract, engage, and retain the best talent - it’s the one solution that enterprises need to deliver exceptional experiences at every stage of the talent journey, and build meaningful relationships with their future employees.
We employ people who are superb at their jobs and are a reliable, friendly bunch who leave egos out of the equation. We are a team that cares about the right outcome above everything else.
About the Opportunity
We’re seeking a Senior Back End Developer to join the experienced engineers on the Beamery team and build the next generation back end architecture for our services. At Beamery you’ll be constantly learning and teaching others, with a sense of ownership over the product and pride in your work. The best practices of the team will be influenced by your voice, and there will always be space and time for you to experiment and bring new ideas to the table.
What will you be doing at Beamery?
- Building beautiful, scalable products with wide market exposure
- Being a lead contributor in our projects and shaping the architecture of our back-end services
- Mentoring junior developers and sharing best practices
- Working as part of an Agile team, collaborating with Product and Design
- Being exposed to leadership training and experience opportunities
- Taking part in regular collaborative teach-ins, and learning new skills
- Have access to in-house training course as well as external conferences and workshops
Who are we looking for?
- Strong NodeJS skills with ES6+ and TypeScript. Functional and Object Oriented programming
- A good understanding of microservice architectures in the past, and experience using pub/sub architectures and Apache Kafka
- In-depth understanding of MongoDB and ORM systems, and good knowledge of the ELK stack
- A good understanding of TDD/BDD and test automation suits
- Someone who enjoys using a wide variety of tools, and will be happy to pick up and learn new things
- Someone who enjoys our regular teach-in sessions delivered by industry experts
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Someone excited to be a part of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers
- Someone unbiased toward a specific technology: finding the right tools for the job